× Members

Atos + Government have got it so wrong.

• kpshah
11 years 3 weeks ago #102309 by kpshah
Replied by kpshah on topic Atos + Government have got it so wrong.
Hi David
Your case is not much different from mine. I too was asked to sign up for JSA. I was asked to initially phone the JSA who would enrol me and give me an appointment date to visit the Jobcentre for an interview. Little did I realise at that time that phoning them resulted in a "Claim" being created for JSA. Upon visiting Jobcentre, I was told by the nice lady after making me wait for about 20 minutes after the time of the appointment that I did not look like I was fit to work and suggested that I should appeal against ESA decision to stop my benefit. All this created a chaos. I had to withdraw my claim for JSA before I could appeal against ESA decision to stop it. Despite all the correspondence being sent to ESA by 1st class recorded or special delivery, for weeks I was told that whereas the correspondence would apparently have been received by them, it was not "logged" on their system and that I should take all the paperwork back to jobcentre and ask them to fax it to ESA/DWP-Belfast. My sick note on one instance was just sitting in the guy at jobcentres' desk for nearly 8-10 days and I had to ask my family members to chase it up and make him fax it right away. It is absolutely shocking how rude some of the advisors are when you phone ESA/JSA or even Income Support departments. It is very stressful and it sucks up all the energy and patience you have - but DO NOT give up as this is only what the DWP wants. Get all the help you can get from your local CAB. I had to get help from them and they managed to get my reduced rate benefit started again whilst my appeal was dealt with by ESA/DWP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102764 by David
Replied by David on topic Atos + Government have got it so wrong.
OMG thats awful. The system is really a mess. No wonder we are all feeling the effects of this ludicrous system. God help us all as the future looks a bleak one. thank you all for your advice and thoughts. They are really appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.