× Members

ESA WRAG

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101998 by lolbol
ESA WRAG was created by lolbol
Good evening to all at B&W

I would like to ask a couple of questions on behalf of a friend.

My Friend has been placed in the above for a period of 2 years. Does this mean that he will not have another assessment between now and when the 2 years comes to an end? What would he have to do if his condition took a turn for the worse whilst in WRAG? Lastly, what will happen when the 2 years comes to an end?

Could I just point out that he has already claimed 365 of ESA and is now claiming IS. But like I say was placed in WRAG for 2 years.

Hope this makes sense

Regards
lolbol
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #102004 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA WRAG
Hi Lauren,

Your friend's reassessment process will start a little before the 2 years is up, then an ESA50 will drop through the door. There miight be a face-to-face assessment.

The only way to change from WRAG before this is to contact DWP and ask for a 'supersession' on the grounds that the condition has worstened such that the claimant now meets the Support Group criteria. The onus is totally on the claimant to prove that the condition has worstened since the last decision

Qualifying for the Support Group

As the 365 day limit has been reached, your friend will continue to receive income related ESA (I assume this is what he is getting, even though you said IS) as long as he remains eligible for ESA.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.