× Members

ESA Tribunal

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #101999 by Confused
ESA Tribunal was created by Confused
I had an ATOS assessment in September last year, at which I was only awarded 6 points. I paid £50 to receive a copy of my medical records as I thought they might help in the tribunal. However, when I got them, I was surprised at the lack of information in them, as there seemed to be a gap of some years in information, including a number of x ray results and information about my four miscarriages and the trauma sustained during the birth of my daughter.
I have arranged to contact the relevant person at the surgery tomorrow to ask about the missing copies but wondered if there is some kind of list that tells me what records I can expect to receive? I tried the NHS site but it's full of broken links and doesn't help at all.
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #102002 by lolbol
Replied by lolbol on topic ESA Tribunal
Hi,

Can I just ask as I work for the NHS. Did you get copies of your records from your GP or the hospital where you were treated?

Regards
Lauren
The following user(s) said Thank You: Confused

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102003 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Tribunal

Confused wrote: I had an ATOS assessment in September last year, at which I was only awarded 6 points. I paid £50 to receive a copy of my medical records as I thought they might help in the tribunal. However, when I got them, I was surprised at the lack of information in them, as there seemed to be a gap of some years in information, including a number of x ray results and information about my four miscarriages and the trauma sustained during the birth of my daughter.
I have arranged to contact the relevant person at the surgery tomorrow to ask about the missing copies but wondered if there is some kind of list that tells me what records I can expect to receive? I tried the NHS site but it's full of broken links and doesn't help at all.
Thank you for any help you can give me.

Other than the GP's notes, I cannot think of any "list" of what would be likely to be in your records. Whilst there are general guidelines set by the NHS for the holding of these records, the actual storage is specific to the practice and of course is completely dependant on what treatment you have has over the years.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Confused

More
11 years 1 month ago #102006 by Confused
Replied by Confused on topic ESA Tribunal
My thanks to Lauren and Gordon for answering so quickly.

I got my records from my GP's surgery.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago #102008 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Tribunal
Hi ,

Reports made as a result of MRI's CT Scans and X-rays should be sent to one's G.P., and should therefore be in your G.P. records.

The actual MRI's, CT Scans and X-Rays should be stored at the Hospital where they were done, probably on CD.

You should contact PALS at the relevant Hospital regarding this.

Of course, depending on how long ago the above were carried out, the Hospital may well have destroyed them.

bro58

More
11 years 1 month ago #102013 by Confused
Replied by Confused on topic ESA Tribunal
Thank you. I phoned my surgery today and it seems a lot of documents that should be there are missing. I was also told that, despite paying £50 for a complete copy of the medical records held by them, they hadn't done some, because they didn't think I needed them.
They're now going to supply me with all copies held by them and look into why some documents are missing, including some major ones. I intend to ask them for a letter stating that there are missing documents so that it can be shown to the tribunal.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.