× Members

Obligation to phone DWP?

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #102019 by nofuss
Obligation to phone DWP? was created by nofuss
Hi

I have just received my IB to ESA transfer letter saying that they will be phoning me to explain the transfer process. I have previous read on this forum/website that if I don't speak to the DWP on the phone it doesn't matter, the transfer process will just continue rolling on with them eventually sending me an ESA50 form to complete...

Is it a new thing though, that they say in the aforementioned pro-forma letter that if they don't manage to get hold of me, I should phone them? (I don't remember that aspect being mentioned before and couldn't find anything about them telling claimants to do that when I did a search - but sorry if I missed postings about this.)

As they are now asking claimants to phone them (at local rates), will it affect my claim if I don't?

Many thanks in anticipation of your thoughts/experience of this.

Nofuss

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #102027 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Obligation to phone DWP?
If the DWP can't get hold of you via phone they'll just send out the ESA50.

See Here

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nofuss

More
11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 4 weeks ago #102035 by nofuss
Replied by nofuss on topic Obligation to phone DWP?
Thanks for replying, Gareth.

I had read the information on that link before posting my question...

My question is concerning the fact that the DWP are now putting in those 'notice of transfer letters' that, if they don't get hold of you, you have to phone them, i.e. 'within two weeks of the date of this letter'...I am wondering/worried that this seemingly new obligation that they are placing up upon transferees might negate the advice that if you don't speak to them, they'll send out the ESA50 form anyway.
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 4 weeks ago #102037 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Obligation to phone DWP?

nofuss wrote: Thanks for replying, Gareth.

I had read the information on that link before posting my question...

My question is concerning the fact that the DWP are now putting in those 'notice of transfer letters' that, if they don't get hold of you, you have to phone them, i.e. 'within two weeks of the date of this letter'...I am wondering/worried that this seemingly new obligation that they are placing up upon transferees might negate the advice that if you don't speak to them, they'll send out the ESA50 form anyway.

We are aware of the change to the letter, the request is simply to find out whether you have any questions on the transfer, and to confirm that they have the right address for you.

You are not required to contact them and the ESA50 should then be sent after about two weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #102039 by an ex nurse
Replied by an ex nurse on topic Obligation to phone DWP?
Hi, just to let you know I had the same letter sent to me in November at the start of my IB to ESA transfer and it said the same thing about ringing them after 2 weeks if they hadnt contacted me , so dont think this is new. Hope that helps.
Best wishes

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #102041 by nofuss
Replied by nofuss on topic Obligation to phone DWP?
Thanks, Gordon - that's reassuring.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.