× Members

DLA Renewal

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102032 by brian mulhern
DLA Renewal was created by brian mulhern
A big thank you to all at B&W got letter couple of weeks ago renewing my mobility at high rate and indefinately. Only down side cut carers to low rate held back posting while i looked at requested report copies. Asked for an oral apeal based on both my GP and their atos doctor reports backing that not just can i not cook a meal but i require help with washing, showering, shaving and dressing.Hoped that they would look at it again but no received appeal documents in post on good Friday and dated start of march basically no time to gather and submit additional evidence if available . TAS form just droped though door, i am the end of the line and just want to throw the towel in, worked for over 30 years and have been fighting for last 2 years with ESA and DLA and the tank is long past empty and i really cant do it anymore. I recommend that any body who is claiming benefits join B&W as I could not have got this far without you, Keep up the amazing work.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #102034 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA Renewal
Hi Brian,

I am sorry that this process is so diifficult and trying for you :(

I am assuming that you provided all your extra evidence ahead of the reconsideration and are now awaiting the tribunal? You might find this helpful

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

Preparing for a Tribunal

I must remind you that it is possible for the tribunal to examine the mobility component of your DLA too, they must warn you if they think there might be a danger of them removing this and they should give you the option of withdrawing the appeal

Is there any risk to challenging a decision?

If you have any questions in the run--up to your appeal, please come back and ask them on this topic/thread.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102040 by brian mulhern
Replied by brian mulhern on topic DLA Renewal
Hi thanks for quick reply readind social security documents they are saying that they are not disputing mobility or lower rate award in letter to TAS. They do not seem to have given me a reconsideration just sent all documentation to tribunal service. I did highligt all my claims against their docors and my GPs reports.

Regards
Brianm
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by . Reason: Tick.

More
11 years 1 month ago #102043 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Renewal

brianm wrote: Hi thanks for quick reply readind social security documents they are saying that they are not disputing mobility or lower rate award in letter to TAS. They do not seem to have given me a reconsideration just sent all documentation to tribunal service. I did highligt all my claims against their docors and my GPs reports.

Regards
Brianm

The DWP are required to carry out a Reconsideration before sending your documents to the Tribunal Service, there should be an LT54 in the pack that explains what they did.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102082 by brian mulhern
Replied by brian mulhern on topic DLA Renewal
Hi Gordon my apologies for not getting back to you but I have been confined to bed with some flu like virus and this is first chance of getting on my feet and sitting up. I checked all documents and they have not went through the reconsideration process just bundled them all up and sent them on. Was considering contacting the appeals service as social security agency I do not think could carry out a review fairly as my case could be classed as comprimesed
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102086 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Renewal

brianm wrote: Hi Gordon my apologies for not getting back to you but I have been confined to bed with some flu like virus and this is first chance of getting on my feet and sitting up. I checked all documents and they have not went through the reconsideration process just bundled them all up and sent them on. Was considering contacting the appeals service as social security agency I do not think could carry out a review fairly as my case could be classed as comprimesed

As far as I am aware the procedures in this area are the same for Northern Ireland as the rest of the UK.

You could make a Subject Access Request for all documents used in the Reconsideration, assuming there has been one.

Contacting the Tribunal Service may be of little value, as a hearing re-makes the Decision you appealed, and therefore pays no attention to either the original Decision or one made at Reconsideration. However, from a procedural point of view, if one is not seen to have been done, it could delay the process further.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: brian mulhern

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.