× Members

From 0 to WRAG on appeal

• berrybird2012
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 4 weeks ago #102053 by berrybird2012
From 0 to WRAG on appeal was created by berrybird2012
I attended my Appeal on the 18/03/13 and was awarded 18 points and placed into the WRAG, although I suffer from severe continence problems on a daily basis following radiotherapy after stage 3 cervical cancer. Anyway, I received a letter last Tuesday requesting a sick note as mine had run out on the 22/03/13. I called them, took 20 mins to get through asking why and was told there is a back log with Appeals of six weeks at least and that I would have to continue to supply one until then and remain on the lower rate.

I have had to get a sick note which took 3 days which I sent 1st Class and have ended up not being paid at all and will have to wait until Mon before I can speak to them and get any money, which along with severe depression and anxiety has sent me to my very wits end as I don't know how I can manage over the next few days as I'm broke.

I am appalled that they hadn't advised me, I was under the impression it would be done as soon as they received the decision sent by the Appeals Judge, which was nearly 3 weeks ago. I realise I'll have to wait until next week, but is there any way of getting the correct payment sorted sooner and can they delay paying this rate when I have sent them a copy of the Appeal Decision with my sick note? You think you might have a minute to catch a breath, just for a moment before an ESA50 lands through the door again and then you realise it's never going to end, they won't stop the constant feeling of dread and fear of what they can do next in the WRAG when I can't leave home for long. It's truly barbaric and humiliating and it's getting worse! I question how much more I can stand before I get bumped onto JSA when my GP won't allow me to work?? Help :blink:
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 4 weeks ago #102057 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic From 0 to WRAG on appeal
BB

You can try contacting your MP, see

Contacting your MP

but other than this there is little that you that you have not already done.

Unfortunately, you are victim of the size of the DWP, there are two different departments and two different aspects of their computer systems dealing with your claim.

The main computer system only issues payments if the claimants details match certain criteria, for someone appealing a Fit for Work Decision, this includes a current Fit Note. The department that manage this part of the system do not have authority to process the Tribunal notice. The department that process the Tribunal notice normally take 5-6 weeks to do this under normal circumstances and this is often longer if they have a lot to deal with.

If you can get through to that department that deals with the Tribunal notices, I think it is Payments, they may be prepared to update the system so that Fit Notes are no longer required, this will at least release payments of the Assessment rate to you.

Failing that, you could approach your local authority to see whether they are providing any form of Crisis Loan.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by Gordon.

• berrybird2012
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 weeks ago #102058 by berrybird2012
Replied by berrybird2012 on topic From 0 to WRAG on appeal
Thanks for that!! :cheer:

I will annoy my MP again as the more times I do it, the more times he has to see that the system is failing!! Anything is better than doing nothing? I will keep you posted.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.