× Members

Exemption on medical grounds

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102071 by sweetpea
Exemption on medical grounds was created by sweetpea
I take very strong tablets which affect my concentration & make me drowsy. I start at 10am in order to get the full doses. Does this make me exempt from a ESA medical?
Best wishes to all, keep fighting the fight.
sweetpea
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102072 by sweetpea
Replied by sweetpea on topic Exemption on medical grounds
Does a post have to be cleared by a moderator? I've tried twice to post but it's not working

• Fawlty
11 years 3 weeks ago #102073 by Fawlty
Replied by Fawlty on topic Exemption on medical grounds
Yes they check the post first, be a good idea to change your name as well as it looks like your real name is displayed. You can do that under your profile settings where is says Name, I had to change that to match my Username.

11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102074 by
Replied by on topic Exemption on medical grounds

sweet pea wrote: Does a post have to be cleared by a moderator? I've tried twice to post but it's not working

Hi,

Yes all posts have to be pre-moderated before they show up on the forum.

The only ones that have shown in the pre-moderation area are these two, so it looks like you may have had problems at your end with the others.

If your forum name is also your real name, you may wish to change it to maintain some anonymity.

This can be done quite easily by following the instructions on this FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

With respect to your query if you are talking about the whole ESA Works Capability Assessment process, then no you will not be exempt.

If you are speaking of having to attend a face to face assessment, then the scenario that you pose "May" mean that you can have a Home Assessment.

However, it is very hard to obtain a Home Assessment, and the support of your G.P. or other treating HCP would be needed.

Of course, if you can provide enough evidence along with your ESA50, there may not be any need for a face to face assessment.

If you have any further queries, please reply to this topic.

bro58

11 years 3 weeks ago #102080 by
Replied by on topic Exemption on medical grounds
Hi SP,

As you can see, your forum name has now changed, as it seems that you are new to the forum, I will supply you with some links that may be helpful.

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Where to get advice?

ESA FAQ’s

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

ESA Claims Guides

www.atoshealthcare.com/claimants

As previously said, please reply to this topic if you have any further queries. :)

bro58

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102083 by sweetpea
Replied by sweetpea on topic Exemption on medical grounds
Thankyou for your support. I was a member of this group around a year ago, but with ESA & DLA looming I thought it a good idea to re-join. I'm very glad I did as the advice on here is the best ever!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.