× Members

DLA review due August DLA or P.I.P ?

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102138 by Chris
I`m in the North East, Im due for my 3 yearly review of my DLA HRC and HRM In August, I understand brand new claims will claim P.I.P., but when I`m up for review will i claim DLA or P.I.P. ?

Cheers

Chris
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102141 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA review due August DLA or P.I.P ?
I would expect you to be reassessed for DLA. My award is due to be reassessed in August and my forms arrived at the weekend - so I don't think yours will be far behind!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102143 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA review due August DLA or P.I.P ?

Chris wrote: I`m in the North East, Im due for my 3 yearly review of my DLA HRC and HRM In August, I understand brand new claims will claim P.I.P., but when I`m up for review will i claim DLA or P.I.P. ?

Cheers

Chris

Unless you are in the trial area it should be DLA. For the rest of the UK, transfers do not start until October., and they appear to be allowing a 20 week renewal period meaning that it may well be DLA claims renewing from the start of 2014 that are affected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102146 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DLA review due August DLA or P.I.P ?
Thanks Mrs H,

Just seen this In the timeline for P.I.P. so looks like I will avoid having to claim P.I.P. until October 2015

From June 2013
From June 2013, all new claims from anyone aged 16-64 will be for PIP instead of DLA throughout the whole of Great Britain.

"The only exception will be renewal claims from a fixed term DLA award which is due to expire before the end of February 2014, where the renewal claim will still be for DLA rather than PIP."

From October 2013
From October 2013 the following DLA recipients will begin to have to claim PIP:
People reporting changes of circumstances which might affect their rate of payment, such as an improvement or deterioration in their condition, but not issues like going into a care home or hospital or changing address.

People with a fixed-term DLA award which expires from the end of February 2014

Anyone who chooses to make an application for PIP, including people who have a fixed-term or indefinite award of DLA.

From October 2015
From October 2015, everyone still getting DLA will have to make a claim for PIP.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102148 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DLA review due August DLA or P.I.P ?
I am In the trail area, thats why im confused, trial for new claiments, or triall for both new and exsiting claiments who are due for review.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102149 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA review due August DLA or P.I.P ?
"People with a fixed-term DLA award which expires from the end of February 2014"

On this basis, I would still expect you to be reassessed for DLA.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.