× Members

Work related program when on ESA

• Arussell
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102435 by Arussell
Work related program when on ESA was created by Arussell
I have just recently won my appeal for ESA with 27 points but have been put in a work related program. I am having a telephone interview tomorrow with the jobcentre as not well enough to attend. can anyone give me any advice or had anything similar happen to them. I really do not feel well enough for work at present, how can they get you to attend a work related program when you are not well, is thos normal? Any advice would be appreciated
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102442 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Work related program when on ESA

Arussell wrote: I have just recently won my appeal for ESA with 27 points but have been put in a work related program. I am having a telephone interview tomorrow with the jobcentre as not well enough to attend. can anyone give me any advice or had anything similar happen to them. I really do not feel well enough for work at present, how can they get you to attend a work related program when you are not well, is thos normal? Any advice would be appreciated

I assume that you appealed a Fit for Work Decision.

Unless you also met one of the Support Group descriptors, 27 points will place you in the WRAG, it is a common misconception that you are now expected to work, this is not the case, in fact you are not even required to seek work while you are in the WRAG, but you are expected to take part in Work Related Activity. See

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

If your current award is the result of a Tribunal hearing, rather than a Reconsideration by the DWP, then your options are very limited as you can only challenge the Decision if you can show there was an Error of Law in the proceedings, see

What is an Error of Law?

Tribunals – Requesting a Statement of Reasons

If the Decision was made by the DWP, then you can lodge an appeal.

In either case, if you can show that your condition has deteriorated, such that you now believe you meet the requirements for the SG, you can ask to be re-assessed on this basis.

Rather than overload you with information, I will leave you to ask further questions, if you do, please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arussell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.