× Members

Question about Support group and CB versus IB ESA

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102451 by Lorraine
May I ask a question please........
I am in WRAG CB at present. Just filled in and sent ESA50 as WRAG is about to come to end at beginning of June. Also filled in and sent ESA3 ( I think that was it was called), about my finances.
I am pretty sure I will get into IB (as I have no other monies), I am hoping (fingers crossed) to get into Support Group - would I stay in CB or would I be moved onto IB?
Seen conflicting info (not on here I might add) that if you get into Support Group you will stay in CB.
Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102454 by bro58

Lorraine wrote: May I ask a question please........
I am in WRAG CB at present. Just filled in and sent ESA50 as WRAG is about to come to end at beginning of June. Also filled in and sent ESA3 ( I think that was it was called), about my finances.
I am pretty sure I will get into IB (as I have no other monies), I am hoping (fingers crossed) to get into Support Group - would I stay in CB or would I be moved onto IB?
Seen conflicting info (not on here I might add) that if you get into Support Group you will stay in CB.
Thanks in advance.

You certainly can L. :)

You only get he 365 days of CB ESA once.

So once you have exhausted that, and qualify for IR ESA, if you were placed into The SG at this reassessment, you would be in reciept of IR ESA.

There are some advantages to being in receipt of IR ESA, in that it can passport you to other things such as free prescription and dental care, HB, and CTS.

This is a sample ESA3 : Sample ESA 3 Form

This FAQ may clarify the 365 days entitlement issue also :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

A claimant may be entitled to CB ESA once more, if they had appealed The WRAG award, and been successful,as the SG award would be a remaking of the original WRAG award.

Therefore, the 365 day clock would be reset to zero, it would be as if the claimant had never been in The WRAG, and would still have their full 365 days entitlement to CB ESA.

So that is where the confusion may lie.

Good look with your assessment, please keep us updated.

bro58

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102461 by Lorraine

bro58 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

So once you have exhausted that, and qualify for IR ESA, if you were placed into The SG at this reassessment, you would be in reciept of IR ESA.

There are some advantages to being in receipt of IR ESA, in that it can passport you to other things such as free prescription and dental care, HB, and CTS.

A claimant may be entitled to CB ESA once more, if they had appealed The WRAG award, and been successful,as the SG award would be a remaking of the original WRAG award.

Therefore, the 365 day clock would be reset to zero, it would be as if the claimant had never been in The WRAG, and would still have their full 365 days entitlement to CB ESA.

bro58

Thanks but a Little confused (sorry).
The reason I am asking if that I am about to go through a Divorce and have been told by CAB to wait to file for divorce until after June this year when I will be (fingers crossed) be on ESA IR (instead of CB which I am currently). Then my husband and I need to go to family medication to sort out our finances (well pensions) which will then allow me to be entitlted to Legal Aid - which most people are not aware of apparently, as surprise surprise the government are not telling people that if they go to Family Medication for Divorce then can get Legal Aid if entitled due to lack of finances.
So I was concered if I stayed in CB I would not be able to get the legal aid?
Just for info I am awaiting my tribunal date for appealing WRAG group (which been in for nearlly a year and yes its taken this long) as I should be in Support Group.

• bro58
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102470 by bro58

Lorraine wrote:

bro58 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

bro58

Thanks but a Little confused (sorry).
The reason I am asking if that I am about to go through a Divorce and have been told by CAB to wait to file for divorce until after June this year when I will be (fingers crossed) be on ESA IR (instead of CB which I am currently). Then my husband and I need to go to family medication to sort out our finances (well pensions) which will then allow me to be entitlted to Legal Aid - which most people are not aware of apparently, as surprise surprise the government are not telling people that if they go to Family Medication for Divorce then can get Legal Aid if entitled due to lack of finances.
So I was concered if I stayed in CB I would not be able to get the legal aid?
Just for info I am awaiting my tribunal date for appealing WRAG group (which been in for nearlly a year and yes its taken this long) as I should be in Support Group.

I too was confused L,

This is why we ask members to post to the same topic thread, so that Mods have all the information to advise correctly.

Having looked back at your previous topic, it seems that you are indeed appealing The WRAG award.

When you stated :

"I am in WRAG CB at present. Just filled in and sent ESA50 as WRAG is about to come to end at beginning of June"

I assumed that you had not appealed, and had just received an ESA50 for a reassessment.

If you were successful in your appeal, then CB ESA (if that is what you were entitled to) would be reinstated from the date of The WRAG decision that you have appealed.( any differential between what you have been receiving in The WRAG to what you would have received if originally placed into The SG would be owed up to the date of any superceding decision)

If this current reassessment results in a decision that differs to the current WRAG award that you are appealing, this decision would supercede any decision made by The Tribunal.

In other words, any decision made by the Tribunal would only count until the date of the most recent superceding decision.

You really need to clarify your situation with the CAB.

You should take into account that even if your CB ESA was reinstated as a result of the Tribunal placing you in The SG, that you may then still be entitled to an IR ESA top-up in the form of The Enhanced Disability Premium.

You only have to be in receipt of one penny of IR ESA to be pass-ported to the other "benefits"

bro58

• bro58
11 years 3 weeks ago #102472 by bro58
Hi L,

As the forum has now closed, if you are still unsure, please repost to this topic tomorrow.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.