× Members

Can i get into support group without medical?

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102455 by lisa
Hi, I sent off my ESA50 in february and decided to phone up today to see if any decision had been made. I was told by ATOS croydon that my case was no longer live and to contact DWP, i then phoned ATOS HEALTHCARE - the main one as i was a bit confused and was told i had been placed in the support group and should have beeinformed of this by DWP - i did call the DWP but they said it was still with the processing team and they have arranged for a call back tomorrow between 9.00 and 1.00.

I cant see that I would have got into the support group as I haven't had a medical - am i correct that i must be in the WRAG group? - of course i will find more tomorrow but the nature of my illness (rapid cycling bipolar) makes me stress and worry about everything
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 weeks ago #102456 by

lisa wrote: Hi, I sent off my ESA50 in february and decided to phone up today to see if any decision had been made. I was told by ATOS croydon that my case was no longer live and to contact DWP, i then phoned ATOS HEALTHCARE - the main one as i was a bit confused and was told i had been placed in the support group and should have beeinformed of this by DWP - i did call the DWP but they said it was still with the processing team and they have arranged for a call back tomorrow between 9.00 and 1.00.

I cant see that I would have got into the support group as I haven't had a medical - am i correct that i must be in the WRAG group? - of course i will find more tomorrow but the nature of my illness (rapid cycling bipolar) makes me stress and worry about everything

Hi l,

It is completely possible that you can be placed into The SG without a face to face assessment, many members have been.

If you have this confirmed by telephone, make sure that you request that The DWP send out written confirmation in the form of a Decision Notice letter.

Please update us.

bro58

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102458 by lisa
oh - well if i am placed in the be purely because of this site, i will definately update tomorrow when i have heard from the DWP as only ATOS have told me i am in the support group and i didnt think they made that decision so fingers crossed - and i owe the moderators a bottle of wine or some chocolates if successful as waiting for this form and completing it and more waiting has made me really ill - am trying not to be too optimistic though!!!

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102460 by killbot99
Replied by killbot99 on topic Can i get into support group without medical?
Hi

I got in to the SG without a medical, it took 5 months in my case but better late than never lol. Make sure you get written confirmation and it might be prudent to hold off the celebrations until you have your letter as I understand that some members have been told one thing on the phone and another thing when the letter arrived. Not trying to be a killjoy and I do genuinely wish you the very best but we all know what the DWP are like, I am sure.

I had to write off for my ESA85A, as I didn't attend a medical first. But you need it to see what criteria you met and how long your award is for. Good luck.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.