× Members

Withdrawing ESA claim and reclaming?

• SoulMan
  • Topic Author
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #102477 by SoulMan
Withdrawing ESA claim and reclaming? was created by SoulMan
If i were to stop claiming ESA and start working but after a few weeks it turned out that i did not like the job or it became too difficult and painfully due to my condition would i be able to reclaim ESA again straight away? Is there a time limit on reclaiming or can you literally withdraw your claim and reclaim the next day?
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #102480 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Withdrawing ESA claim and reclaming?

SoulMan wrote: If i were to stop claiming ESA and start working but after a few weeks it turned out that i did not like the job or it became too difficult and painfully due to my condition would i be able to reclaim ESA again straight away? Is there a time limit on reclaiming or can you literally withdraw your claim and reclaim the next day?

Providing you cleanly close your current ESA claim, then you can make a re-claim under the linking rules up to 12 weeks later and it will be classed as a continuation of you current claim, outside of the 12 weeks and it will be classed as a new claim, and in addition to re-qualifying you will also need to prove eligibility for ESA.

Have you looked at Permitted Work as an intermediate stage, this allows you retain your ESA status but potentially work for up to 16 hours to see whether it is sustainable. See

Permitted Work

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.