× Members

ESA help

• gail norris
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102541 by gail norris
ESA help was created by gail norris
This is my fist time posting. I applied for ESA last September but did not have enough NI contributions for that tax year. I have now applied again as I should have enough NI cont for the following tax year. They have sent me a small form to fill out with nothing about my condition or anything in it. Does this mean they will be using last years claim for this claim?

I am at my wits end worrying about money and whether they will take away my dla if I don't get awarded any points, does this happen regularly?
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102544 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA help

gailnorris wrote: This is my fist time posting. I applied for ESA last September but did not have enough NI contributions for that tax year. I have now applied again as I should have enough NI cont for the following tax year. They have sent me a small form to fill out with nothing about my condition or anything in it. Does this mean they will be using last years claim for this claim?

I am at my wits end worrying about money and whether they will take away my dla if I don't get awarded any points, does this happen regularly?

I doubt it, each assessment is in regard to your health at a particular point in time, also, the ESA Descriptor and Regulations were updated in January, so I would expect you to receive an ESA50.

There are no statistics on when an ESA medical report is used in regard to a DLA claim, certainly, when the claimant has been found Fit for Work, there is a risk that their DLA will be reviewed, it is not clear whether this happens when a claim is successful.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gail norris

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102595 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA help
Hi G, I note that your username might be your real name. Many people prefer to use an alias on a forum, such as this, that is open to be read by everyone. If you wish to change your username in order to preserve some anonymity, you should follow the advice in this FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: gail norris

• gail norris
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago #102684 by gail norris
Replied by gail norris on topic ESA help
Thanks, will go and change it just now x

• gail norris
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago #102685 by gail norris
Replied by gail norris on topic ESA help
I don't think I can change my name as I don't have java. Is there another way to do it?

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102691 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA help

gailnorris wrote: I don't think I can change my name as I don't have java. Is there another way to do it?

Copy/paste the email address into the "to:" field of your email client.

Gordon

Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by . Reason: Fixed quote.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.