× Members

ESA50 Moved house GP records not yet transferred

• salvia
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102546 by salvia
Moved to another area of UK in February following burglary. Recently received ESA50 for IB to ESA, but my GP records have not been transferred to new GP yet, so cannot provide medical evidence, plus previous correspondence kept at home was destroyed in burglary. So when sending in ESA50 will lack of medical evidence affect outcome. New GP not very helpful, said they would just wait until DWP contacted them.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102550 by Gordon

salvia wrote: Moved to another area of UK in February following burglary. Recently received ESA50 for IB to ESA, but my GP records have not been transferred to new GP yet, so cannot provide medical evidence, plus previous correspondence kept at home was destroyed in burglary. So when sending in ESA50 will lack of medical evidence affect outcome. New GP not very helpful, said they would just wait until DWP contacted them.

Unfortunately, there is a possibility that it will.

You can try explaining the problems you are having on the form.

Have you contacted your old GP practice to see whether they can supply your records?

The DWP only rarely contact the claimants GP, so you cannot rely on them to do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: salvia

• salvia
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago #102579 by salvia
Thank you for your reply. I thought it might affect the outcome because the ESA50 was sent very quickly after I moved. Have spoken to previous GP surgery and my notes were definitely sent off, they did say however, that they would write a summary for my new GP if they requested one. So I am now off the to surgery to try and get this done.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.