× Members

ESA Tribunal

• lulupops53
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102558 by lulupops53
ESA Tribunal was created by lulupops53
I appealed against a decision made by the DWP after being put into the WRAG back in June last year. I have just received information from the DWP that after reconsideration they are not in a position to transfer me into the Support Group. Therefore, my papers have been sent to the Tribunal Service. They too www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/media/kunena/emoticons/unsure.pnghave sne t me all the information with regard to the Tribunal Service. My claim is contribution based and so payment will cease at the end of June this year.

I still wish to proceed to a Tribunal as I feel I have a valid reason for my request to be transferred to the Support Group - I suffer from Systemic Lupus, an auto immune disease. However, I want to know whether I have to have some respresentation with me and if so, who can I ask? and how much will it cost?
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102562 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA Tribunal

lulupops53 wrote: I appealed against a decision made by the DWP after being put into the WRAG back in June last year. I have just received information from the DWP that after reconsideration they are not in a position to transfer me into the Support Group. Therefore, my papers have been sent to the Tribunal Service. They too www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/media/kunena/emoticons/unsure.pnghave sne t me all the information with regard to the Tribunal Service. My claim is contribution based and so payment will cease at the end of June this year.

I still wish to proceed to a Tribunal as I feel I have a valid reason for my request to be transferred to the Support Group - I suffer from Systemic Lupus, an auto immune disease. However, I want to know whether I have to have some respresentation with me and if so, who can I ask? and how much will it cost?

Hi lp,

It is not obligatory that you have formal representation at an appeal, although it may help.

Many appellants are successful without such representation.

Legal Aid has now been withdrawn to finance WRO/WRA's representation when appealing to The First Tier, so many appellants will now find it necessary to represent themselves.

Potential sources of advice can be seen below :

Where to get advice?

You could also try putting Welfare Rights/Advice with your Town/Postcode into your internet search engine.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.