× Members

ESA and savings

• pip
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102567 by pip
ESA and savings was created by pip
i was transferred from IB to ESA (placed in WRAG) a few months ago based on a WCA last november.
then benefits office requested details of my capital:savings/ investments to set against my benefit rate. i declared in writing just over £16000. can i keep my ESA/ WRAG status and claim NICS, rather than have to make a new claim for JSA and be assessed for ESA, NICS only? which would be a faff.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102570 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA and savings

pip wrote: i was transferred from IB to ESA (placed in WRAG) a few months ago based on a WCA last november.
then benefits office requested details of my capital:savings/ investments to set against my benefit rate. i declared in writing just over £16000. can i keep my ESA/ WRAG status and claim NICS, rather than have to make a new claim for JSA and be assessed for ESA, NICS only? which would be a faff.

Hi p,

If you do are not entitled to IR ESA, due to the means test, see :

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

Which from your post, it would seem that you are not.

Then you can carry on with your ESA, and will receive NI Credits only.

You will have to still fill in any ESA50's that they may send you, and attend a face to face if requested.

However, you will not have to comply with any WRA.

The advantage of keeping a live continuous assessment of LCW (WRAG), is that if at some time in the future, you manage to qualify for The SG(due to a deterioration, etc) your CB ESA would be reinstated, and remain in payment for as long as you remain in The SG.

The NI Credits that you will receive go towards your State Pension.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.