× Members

Dr. failed to turn up for home visit appointment.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102696 by Oll
Hi all. I have agoraphobia and social phobia.
The Dr. failed to turn up for my home visit assessment today. I have been given a phone number and address if I wish to complain. I have been told that the matter is going to be investigated.
My anxiety has been getting graduallly worse while waiting for the assessment to take place in the first place and having to prepare for the day again feels intolerable.
I feel that I want to have this put in writing and added to my notes.
If anyone can give me advice in how to handle this situation and how to word the letter I would be grateful.
Thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #102697 by

Oll wrote: Hi all. I have agoraphobia and social phobia.
The Dr. failed to turn up for my home visit assessment today. I have been given a phone number and address if I wish to complain. I have been told that the matter is going to be investigated.
My anxiety has been getting graduallly worse while waiting for the assessment to take place in the first place and having to prepare for the day again feels intolerable.
I feel that I want to have this put in writing and added to my notes.
If anyone can give me advice in how to handle this situation and how to word the letter I would be grateful.
Thank you.

Hi O,

You don't say whether this home assessment was for DLA or ESA.

bro58

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102702 by Oll
Sorry. I realised 3 o'clock this morning that I hadn't stated the benefit.
I am transferring from IB to ESA.
I phoned to query the non appearance of the assessor. They said they would contact him and call me back. When they did it was to tell me he was sick and that they hadn't been notified.

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102711 by

Oll wrote: Sorry. I realised 3 o'clock this morning that I hadn't stated the benefit.
I am transferring from IB to ESA.
I phoned to query the non appearance of the assessor. They said they would contact him and call me back. When they did it was to tell me he was sick and that they hadn't been notified.

Hi O,

Therefore, if you feel that this non attendance has exacerbated your conditions further, you should send any details regarding this to ATOS at the same address as you sent your ESA50 to. You could also write a letter : FAO ESA Decision Maker, at the address of The Benefits Office that is dealing with your ESA.

Put your name, NI Number and DOB on any separate sheets of paper, and keep copies.

This of course, would be a separate action to any complaint that you may make.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

bro58

More
11 years 1 month ago #102905 by Oll
Thank you. Your advice is appreciated.

More
11 years 1 month ago #102912 by Finni
The most important thing is that the DWP have not blamed you for the doctor's failure to attend and then incorrectly claimed you were not compliant.

In the end there may be a simple explanation like a car breakdown although out of courtesy they should have contacted you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.