× Members

DLA REVEIW

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102708 by knockveiw
DLA REVEIW was created by knockveiw
Hi I have been on DLA for over 10yrs it was awarded indef,then I got a reveiw form after filling that in along with written pages and a print out from GP about all my conditions and medication I am on sent it back.Then the DWP sends out a form to GP for more details,I think there was 5 or 6 pages with boxes for her to fill in,she stated my conditions as 1 to 5 ,1 being described as serious and severe and the rest moderate.Got a letter yesterday from DWP stating I lost the lot not getting a penny,was on HRM and MRC ,my conditions have got worse.Have decided to throw the lot in the fire and forget about it,I have enough health problems without the hassle from them,let Cameron and his puppets keep the money.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102715 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA REVEIW

knockveiw wrote: Hi I have been on DLA for over 10yrs it was awarded indef,then I got a reveiw form after filling that in along with written pages and a print out from GP about all my conditions and medication I am on sent it back.Then the DWP sends out a form to GP for more details,I think there was 5 or 6 pages with boxes for her to fill in,she stated my conditions as 1 to 5 ,1 being described as serious and severe and the rest moderate.Got a letter yesterday from DWP stating I lost the lot not getting a penny,was on HRM and MRC ,my conditions have got worse.Have decided to throw the lot in the fire and forget about it,I have enough health problems without the hassle from them,let Cameron and his puppets keep the money.

Hi kv,

Sorry to hear this. :(

It is your decision on how to proceed, but I would advise that you have a good think about this before deciding what to do.

As it seems that your G.P. is supportive, this can only help if you choose to appeal.

You have one month to do this from the date of The DLA Decision Notice letter, and can download and print off The GL24 Form from the link on this page :

How to submit an appeal

From our : Appeals FAQ’s

As you have no award there is little to lose.

There is also an Appeals Guide on this page :

DLA Guides

You may also wish to request any reports or documents that were used by The DM in coming to the adverse decision, see :

DLA Medical – What forms to ask for? from our :

DLA FAQ’s

You can do this by issuing a SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

You may also find these links helpful :

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

DM Guide AA & DLA :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch61.pdf

DR UK DLA & AA :

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f23.htm

Please reply to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.