× Members

ESA Mobility Descriptor

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102802 by YoursTruly
ESA Mobility Descriptor was created by YoursTruly
Hello,
I now have my appeal date, but something is worrying me.

Due to roadworks, the nearest that a taxi can get to the venue is probably 100m. Does this mean that the very act of turning up at the venue would lead to a failure to score points on the mobility descriptor? My walking is restricted to 40-50m, stopping frequently, before I experience severe discomfort. Although I may be able to push myself a bit further, I would be exhausted and in pain.

Thanks,
YT
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102805 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Mobility Descriptor

YoursTruly wrote: Hello,
I now have my appeal date, but something is worrying me.

Due to roadworks, the nearest that a taxi can get to the venue is probably 100m. Does this mean that the very act of turning up at the venue would lead to a failure to score points on the mobility descriptor? My walking is restricted to 40-50m, stopping frequently, before I experience severe discomfort. Although I may be able to push myself a bit further, I would be exhausted and in pain.

Thanks,
YT

There are no reasons why it should, but be prepared to answer questions on how you walked this distance. Any distance you walk once you are experiencing significant discomfort should be excluded from the total distance walked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102809 by YoursTruly
Replied by YoursTruly on topic ESA Mobility Descriptor
Thanks, Gordon,
That's what I thought. I just had a moment of panic.

For a moment, I could see hundreds of appeals failing, simply for being there. There is an
interesting and funny thread on anomalies over at Rightsnet.

YT

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102812 by Buckie
Replied by Buckie on topic ESA Mobility Descriptor
You may be watched too ? If you can only walk 40-50 yards, do that, don't push yourself stop, have a fag while your back recovers then off you go again, and remember to tell the Doctor that's what you had to do to get in there !!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.