× Members

URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow

• dopppo
  • Topic Author
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102851 by dopppo
Could someone help me please, i have a 17 year old son who suffers with P.O.T.S/ Vasovagal Syncope which causes him to pass out many times in one day, we have a esa medical on wednesday, which is one hour drive away from where we live, i am worried if he passes out and we don't make the appointment or we are late, is that the end of his claim. because if have aready changed his appt once because of his fainting. please help never claimed anything before. so really don't no what to expect :(
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #102854 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic URGENT HELP PLEASE! DLA Medical tomorrow

dopppo wrote: Could someone help me please, i have a 17 year old son who suffers with P.O.T.S/ Vasovagal Syncope which causes him to pass out many times in one day, we have a esa medical on wednesday, which is one hour drive away from where we live, i am worried if he passes out and we don't make the appointment or we are late, is that the end of his claim. because if have aready changed his appt once because of his fainting. please help never claimed anything before. so really don't no what to expect :(

Please do not "tag" your questions onto another topic, especially when the subjects are not connected, it makes it harder for the Moderators to answer your question and is discourteous to the owner of the original topic!

With regard your question.

The key thing is to keep the ATOS Healthcare Centre informed with how you are progressing in your trip.

You say he passes out, should this occur would he subsequently be too unwell to attend the assessment? If this is the case then you should inform the Centre as soon as you are able. Your son being too unwell to attend on the day should be accepted as Good Cause for his failing to attend.

If you are going to be late then inform the centre of this, it may still be possible for them to re-arrange the assessment for later that day.

Failing to attend a second assessment can result in your son's file being returned to the DWP as a no show, but the DWP must ask if there was Good Cause for the failure, and your son being too ill to be examined should be accepted as such.

Should this happen, it may take some time to resolve, during which his ESA payments may be stopped.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.