× Members

ESA and ill health

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102862 by Interuppted
ESA and ill health was created by Interuppted
Hi , my question is regarding esa and my work. I'm going through ill health retirement . Have just finished 6 months at half pay and ssp. Ssp now stopped but still getting half pay. Can I claim ESA? I'm disabled and get high rate care and mobility dla. Have paid all ni contributions. Thank you.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #102865 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ESA and ill health

Interuppted wrote: Hi , my question is regarding esa and my work. I'm going through ill health retirement . Have just finished 6 months at half pay and ssp. Ssp now stopped but still getting half pay. Can I claim ESA? I'm disabled and get high rate care and mobility dla. Have paid all ni contributions. Thank you.

Hi I,

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Please try not to post duplicate posts. there will always be a delay between you posting and it appearing on the forum, as all post are pre-checked and approved by Moderators.

You next step would be to make a claim for ESA using an ESA1 Form, this can be done online, here :

www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/how-to-claim

The DWP will then inform you whether you are entitled to claim ESA, and if you are, you will enter a 13 week assessment phase.

You can read our : " Understanding Employment and Support Allowance

Our 42 page introductory guide to ESA"

On this page :

ESA Claims Guides

The forum is now closed to new posts until 2 PM tomorrow, so please reply to this topic then, if you have any further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.