× Members

help please...i have

• darryl
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102975 by darryl
help please...i have was created by darryl
i have been sent for to attend work focussed interview. am currently asking dwp to look at decision placing me in the wrag instead of sp?. didnt think that would happen until i got re-decision back! what will happen at this work focussed interview? the letter sounded a bit dictatorial! theyve asked me to go in for 9am. i am NOT gud in the mornings, can hardly get out of bed sometimes due to depression. shud i ask for a later appointment or will that go against me? i also wanted to ask please, what happens when my 12 months on esa is over and i,m still sick? will i get a sick note or have to go on jsa? many thanks for any help and/or advice.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #102981 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic help please...i have
Hi Darryl,

You are still obliged to undertake Work Focussed Interviews while appealing, but you should not be forwarded to the work program

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

You can find some info about WFIs here

Work Focussed Interviews

It is worth phoning and speaking to your Jobcentre+ advisor as they will sometimes agree to carry out WFIs or even in your own home. However, this is entirely at the discretion of the advisor, the claimant does not have the right to demand this. If the advisor does insist that you attend interviews at the JobCentre, they should make adjustments for the affects of your condition. This should include scheduling a later appointment if that is what you need.

If you are on contributary ESA in the WRAG then you will be means-tested after 365 days to see if you are entitled to income-related ESa. If you are, payments should continue fairly smoothly. If not, you will get no further payments until and unless you get put into the Support Group as a result of this appeal or future reassessments. If payment stops, NI credits would still be made in your name which would count towards your state retirement pension. While you remain on ESA, even if not being paid, you should expect periodic reassessments which can include face-to-face 'medicals'.

Some people are able to claim another year of ESA, depending on recent employment history. Claimants who are not entitled to further ESA due to insufficient NI contributions (and household income/savings too high for income-related benefit) are unlikely to qualify for JSA for the same reasons. People in this situation should get expert help to see if there is anything else they can claim.

If you have any further questions, please come back and ask them on this thread/topic as it helps to keep everything in one place. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark it or make it a 'favourite' now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: darryl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.