× Members

migrating from IB to ESA

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103003 by dove123
migrating from IB to ESA was created by dove123
Hi
Could someone please shed some light on this for me.

I like many others on this forum are becoming more and more stressed about the migration process from IB to ESA.

I receive IB, i was awarded HRC + HRM DLA for an indefinate period.

Migrating over to ESA i believe you receive the letter around the time of your review however i have had no review date due to HRC DLA.

As many of us out there ~ I am very confused with the process and i am reading about peoples experiences and i am becoming more and more stressed every day worrying about it.

My husband receives Pension Credits and Carers Allow. and was speaking to a member of CAB and was told that if I was to cease claiming IB that he could claim for me as PC do deduct what i get in IB from his PC, this would save the trauma and ease the stress HOWEVER what he forgot to ask was
a) would i be penalised for simply just ceasing my claim for IB?
B) is it that straight forward?
C) when can i expect my migration letter?

HAS he been given the correct information? can anyone help me please.

Thanking you in advance Dove
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103005 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic migrating from IB to ESA
Hi Dove,

There really doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when and why the migration process is started

When will I be transferred?

The Transfer Process

If you are thinking about stopping your claim for IB, I strongly recommend that you get face-to-face from someone who understands the benefits system so that you can be sure you are doing the right thing

Where to get advice?

As an interim measure, you can look at the 'turn2us' website to see what you might be entitled to

Turn to us

If you have any further questions, please come back and ask them on this thread/topic. You will find it easily in future if you mark it as a favourite now.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by slugsta. Reason: hit 'submit' too soon
The following user(s) said Thank You: dove123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.