× Members

ESA 'top-ups'

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103004 by mumsgirl
ESA 'top-ups' was created by mumsgirl
Can any of the mods help me, even though I don't really know what I am talking about myself!! I currently get ESA Support Group and HRC/LRM, all for Mental Health. I believe I also get 2 lots of money on top of the Support component - I'm not sure but I think it's because I am severely disabled and Disability Income Guarantee. It's probably a silly question but why do I get these 2 extra things (not that i'm complaining!). I remember my Mental Health support worker had to fill in a special form. Also, strangely, I think she said I get this extra ESA money because I get DLA?? Or because I was single? Or because no-one got carers allowance? I can't remember the reason! So I have a few more questions - what is severely disabled and DIG? Can you get one without the other? Also I think (unfortunately) I will be reviewed for both ESA and DLA in the coming months - if I were to get the results, say ESA WRAG and HRC would I lose the severely disabled and DIS, or if I were to get the results ESA Support and MRC would I also lose it? So in other words, do I have to get ESA Support and HRC to qualify for these extras again?
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by . Reason: Tick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103008 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA 'top-ups'

mumsgirl wrote: Can any of the mods help me, even though I don't really know what I am talking about myself!! I currently get ESA Support Group and HRC/LRM, all for Mental Health. I believe I also get 2 lots of money on top of the Support component - I'm not sure but I think it's because I am severely disabled and Disability Income Guarantee. It's probably a silly question but why do I get these 2 extra things (not that i'm complaining!). I remember my Mental Health support worker had to fill in a special form. Also, strangely, I think she said I get this extra ESA money because I get DLA?? Or because I was single? Or because no-one got carers allowance? I can't remember the reason! So I have a few more questions - what is severely disabled and DIG? Can you get one without the other? Also I think (unfortunately) I will be reviewed for both ESA and DLA in the coming months - if I were to get the results, say ESA WRAG and HRC would I lose the severely disabled and DIS, or if I were to get the results ESA Support and MRC would I also lose it? So in other words, do I have to get ESA Support and HRC to qualify for these extras again?

It sounds like you are getting the Enhanced Disability Premium and the Severe Disability Premium, they will remain in payment as long as you meet or exceed the eligibility criteria which are explained in the following

ESA Premiums

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.