× Members

Still waiting for Appeal and had new ESA50

More
11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 4 weeks ago #103155 by tazman
Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, but I can't find anything.

I've been waiting since last august to hear from Tribunal Service regarding my appeal for WRAG to SG. Now I've had another ESA50 and I don't know what this means. I'm worried that my appeal has been lost or overlooked. Do I just fill in the form and send it in as usual or do I need to ring someone?

I have been struggling to get my anxiety under control as I have had to stop taking my anxiety medication due to poor circulation. I have been trying very hard but now all this has fired me back and beyond and I'm like a scalded cat. I feel like there are two things to worry about now.

Also, could I ask if it would be ok to send my supporting letter from last year? I still see the same therapist but I know he is busy. Is it ok to copy the info from last year's ESA50 (nothing has improved) with updates, or do I have to start from scratch.

Thanks in advance.
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 4 weeks ago #103158 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Still waiting for Appeal and had new ESA50
Hi Tazman,

It sounds as if the time has come for a reassessment of your ESA. With appeals taking so long, it is not unusual for claimants to be reassessed before the tribunal has been heard. You should treat every reassessment as if it was a new claim, send in as much evidence as you can. If you have to use older evidence you should make it very clear that your condition has not improved (and you have not 'adapted' to your impairments).

Don't forget that ESA forms and regulations changed earlier this year so you should make full use of our ESA guides. If your ESA50 is the newest version you can fill-in the downloadable version if that is easier for you

ESA claims

ESA FAQs

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by slugsta. Reason: typo

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #103593 by Evelyn
Replied by Evelyn on topic Still waiting for Appeal and had new ESA50
Hi Mrs H,
I have been reading this and realise it is what i may need for my completion of the ESA50 form. But where can i find the online ESA50 form (the new one) to fill?
Thanks very much.
Evelyn
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by slugsta.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #103600 by slugsta
There are now 2 different ESA50 forms being used. You need to know which one you will get to ensure that you fill out the correct one.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 3 weeks ago #103605 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Still waiting for Appeal and had new ESA50

Mrs Hurtyback wrote: There are now 2 different ESA50 forms being used. You need to know which one you will get to ensure that you fill out the correct one.

It's "(the new one)" MHB :)

Hi E,

If it is The ESA50 01/2013 E, you can download and save it from this page :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You should refer to the "New ESA50 form" guides on this page :

ESA Claims Guides

bro58

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #103607 by slugsta
thank you bro, I'm afraid I got myself a bit lost there! :blush:

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.