× Members

Why sent ESA1 after tribunal placed in Support Gp?

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #103441 by Gordon

Kasbah wrote: This is what I don't understand-the woman on the ESA line said that they just wanted to know if I have any change of circumstances financially and mentioned occupational pensions for e.g.

I am happy with having CB SG without IR as I think we will be on the borderline as a couple for IR. What would happen if I filled out the form with just my details (much easier)

Thanks very much once again, Kasbah

I can only recommend that you contact the DWP about this.

If you complete the form as an individual and the DWP treat it as a couple, then there could be significant implications in regard to your benefits. It may be possible to mark the form to state it is being completed for you alone and not you and your partner, but I would still be concerned about you doing this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #103445 by Kasbah
OK, Gordon, will do.

Many thanks.

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #103908 by Kasbah
Hi again

This ESA 1 thing is dragging on. I have had three different pieces of advice from the ESA line and a confusing phone-back from the ESA processing team.

I am reluctant to sign a form that states it is a new claim for benefit- I am not making a new claim-I have already got the benefit- they just won't pay thier debt to me without this wretched ESA1.
No-one, including an advocacy worker i spoke with, has heard of this ESA1 after winning a Tribunal thing.

Am also concerned that the form could then generate another ATOS-hell "assessment", and then here we go round the mulberry bush again.

Wondering if there is anything I can do legally to resolve this. It is driving me crazy and i would be really grateful for any help.

Thanks again and all the best, Kasbah
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by bro58.

• bro58
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #103913 by bro58

Kasbah wrote: Hi again

This ESA 1 thing is dragging on. I have had three different pieces of advice from the ESA line and a confusing phone-back from the ESA processing team.

I am reluctant to sign a form that states it is a new claim for benefit- I am not making a new claim-I have already got the benefit- they just won't pay thier debt to me without this wretched ESA1.
No-one, including an advocacy worker i spoke with, has heard of this ESA1 after winning a Tribunal thing.

Am also concerned that the form could then generate another ATOS-hell "assessment", and then here we go round the mulberry bush again.

Wondering if there is anything I can do legally to resolve this. It is driving me crazy and i would be really grateful for any help.

Thanks again and all the best, Kasbah

Hi K,

Have you put your concerns regarding having to fill in an ESA1 Claim Form in writing to The DWP ?

If so, have you received a written response ?

bro58

bro58

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #103923 by Kasbah
No Bro, i haven't. i did raise concerns with the ESA processing Dept bloke, but he went into "message repeat" mode. I think it's a good idea to write. Do you know wether there is a set time period in which they have to reply?

Has anyone else had this ESA1 after Tribunal experience??

Many thanks for your help again.

Shakily yours, Kasbah

• bro58
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #103927 by bro58

Kasbah wrote: No Bro, i haven't. i did raise concerns with the ESA processing Dept bloke, but he went into "message repeat" mode. I think it's a good idea to write. Do you know wether there is a set time period in which they have to reply?

Has anyone else had this ESA1 after Tribunal experience??

Many thanks for your help again.

Shakily yours, Kasbah

Hi K,

You really do need to put this in writing.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You may also wish to involve your M.P. as they have direct lines of contact into The DWP :

Contacting your MP

We have not heard from any other members, (as far as I am aware) who have received an ESA1 Claims Form in a situation such as yours.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris