× Members

How long will I receive ESA

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #103287 by Julie
How long will I receive ESA was created by Julie
I'm currently on IB and have been for 15yrs - recently filled in the medical form and waiting to hear which group of ESA I will be transferred to. Someone has told me that ESA can only be claimed for a year ?? Is this true does anyone know and if so what happens after the year would I have to go through this process again? IB was so simple!!!!
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 3 weeks ago #103292 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic How long will I receive ESA

Julie wrote: I'm currently on IB and have been for 15yrs - recently filled in the medical form and waiting to hear which group of ESA I will be transferred to. Someone has told me that ESA can only be claimed for a year ?? Is this true does anyone know and if so what happens after the year would I have to go through this process again? IB was so simple!!!!

Hi J,

Welcome to the forum, and : Welcome to Benefits and Work if you are also a new member. :)

As it appears that you are now in receipt of IB, if you do not also receive any Income Support top-ups, if successfully transferred to ESA in The WRAG, you will receive CB ESA only, in which case you would only receive CB ESA in The WRAG for 365 days.

If you are transferred to The SG, then there is no 365 day entitlement of payment limit whether your ESA is CB, IR or both.

If any part of the ESA that you are entitled to is IR ESA, again, there is no 365 day limit to payment of ESA no matter which group you are placed in, see :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

If you are only entitled to CB ESA and placed into The WRAG, when your 365 days is coming to an end, you should be financially assessed to see whether you qualify for IR ESA :

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

If you are not, then payment will cease, and you will receive NI Credits only.

What group of ESA you may be placed into, is a different matter to what type of ESA (CB or IR ESA) you will be paid.

See :

Qualifying for the WRAG

Qualifying for the Support Group

&

How often will I be reviewed

From our : ESA FAQ’s

As you are being transferred over to ESA from IB, you may also find our : IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s helpful.

Please reply to this topic if you have any further queries. You may wish to bookmark this page for ease of future reference.

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.