× Members

medical

• rossiwatson
  • Topic Author
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #103339 by rossiwatson
medical was created by rossiwatson
Hi
Had a medical 12th March, went to decision maker 15th and have just received it on Friday of last week. Reading through it is terrible. I walked at a stray pace? My daughter helped me to stand and walk, this was more social than needed? Everything I have said was exaggerated and I will be fit for work in approximately 3 months. I never ruminate, even though I am seeing a counsellor for that amongst other things, don't have strange thoughts etc, how does he know that? I have no muscle wastage in my calves so therefore must get reasonable exercise?
This man was a registered nurse and not even a doctor, is this allowed?
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #103341 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic medical

rossiwatson wrote: Hi
Had a medical 12th March, went to decision maker 15th and have just received it on Friday of last week. Reading through it is terrible. I walked at a stray pace? My daughter helped me to stand and walk, this was more social than needed? Everything I have said was exaggerated and I will be fit for work in approximately 3 months. I never ruminate, even though I am seeing a counsellor for that amongst other things, don't have strange thoughts etc, how does he know that? I have no muscle wastage in my calves so therefore must get reasonable exercise?
This man was a registered nurse and not even a doctor, is this allowed?

Hi rw,

I'm afraid this is a pretty common occurrence, where members find that the ESA85/ESA85A is what seems to be a a wholly inaccurate document.

The ATOS HCP, can be a nurse, midwife, physiotherapist, OT, or a Doctor.

They receive training from ATOS in "Disability Analysis" and are then classed as Approved Disability Analysts.

They only have to use Doctors for certain neurological conditions.

If you read our guides, and The WCA Handbook, you will see that the assessing ATOS HCP's are allowed to make observations, and then make assumptions from these observations.

If any of the recommendations made in the ESA85 medical report are contradictory to medical evidence provided by the claimant within the ESA50 or in any supporting evidence, the ATOS HCP is supposed to justify any such contradictions in the ESA85S add on document.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.