× Members

Suggestions for ATOS assessment of sensitive case?

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #106014 by cannyman
Hi,

Just to say I got a letter from my consultant, and a call from DWP today to say I will be put in support group. I've actually been feeling a bit shell shocked today as its taken almost 9 months to get a decision! Part of me is asking myself if i heard right. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the energy to be relieved :) . They did not say how long for on the phone, but I will get a letter after 5th July which is the changeover date from IB. They did say it's contribution based and will be paid very 2 weeks, unlike my IB which was every 4 weeks.

Phew!! Thanks for the support!

Cannyman
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #106016 by slugsta
That is good news cannyman, thanks for letting us know!

Claimants are not routinely notified of the length of award but you can find out when to expect reassessment by phoning DWP and asking for the 'prognosis'.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107215 by cannyman
Hi,

Well, just over 3 weeks after the phone call saying I'm in the support group the confirmation letter arrived! So it's definite - phew! As discussed in a previous thread, there is no date that this decision runs to. There was with IB. The advice before was to ask for a prognosis from DWP. Just wanted to check about that. I'll write to the address on the letter. Do I literally just have to ask if they can give a prognosis, or is there anything else I need to say?

Thanks,

Cannyman
Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by .

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107217 by

cannyman wrote: Hi,

Well, just over 3 weeks after the phone call saying I'm in the support group the confirmation letter arrived! So it's definite - phew! As discussed in a previous thread, there is no date that this decision runs to. There was with IB. The advice before was to ask for a prognosis from DWP. Just wanted to check about that. I'll write to the address on the letter. Do I literally just have to ask if they can give a prognosis, or is there anything else I need to say?

Thanks,

Cannyman

Hi Cm,

You can ring the number on the decision notice letter, they may have the recommended length of the award. (The Prognosis) on their computer screen.

You can request the ESA85 Medical Report whilst on the phone, this should also include the prognosis and the reasons why you were placed into the SG.

There will also be an LT54 which may be useful. If you have any trouble obtaining them with a verbal request, you can issue a SAR:

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

You should address any SAR, FAO The Data Controller at the benefits office dealing with your ESA. Write DPA 1998 SAR in front top left corner of the envelope.

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

ESA Forms

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

Congratulations on the SG award, the longest possible prognosis is 3 years. :)

bro58

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #107218 by
Hi cm,

I have merged your post with your previous topic for continuity.

bro58

More
10 years 10 months ago #107234 by cannyman
Hi bro58,

Thanks for the info. I'll fill out the form and send it off. It was indicated when I spoke to them about getting a consultant's letter that they would put me SG for 3 years if I met the criteria. But I've been told so many varying things, who knows! I would prefer to know in writing. Also, in my circumstances, it's really difficult to be able to speak to anyone who can access my file on the phone.

Thanks again,

Cannyman

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris