× Members

DLA Appeal

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #103620 by Doug
DLA Appeal was created by Doug
Up until April 13 I was being paid middle care rate due to Depression this has now been reduced to lower care rate, I have appealed the decision and its going forward to a tribunal. what I need to know is this, is there a organisation who can help me with somebody who would be willing to accompany me on the day and speak on my behalf?.

Regards

Doug
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #103623 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Appeal

Doug wrote: Up until April 13 I was being paid middle care rate due to Depression this has now been reduced to lower care rate, I have appealed the decision and its going forward to a tribunal. what I need to know is this, is there a organisation who can help me with somebody who would be willing to accompany me on the day and speak on my behalf?.

Regards

Doug

You can try the following

Where to get advice?

or do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town, or county, however, you may struggle to find assistance as the Government have removed legal aid for appeals to the First Tier Tribunal.

If you lodged your appeal last month, then I would expect it to still be with the DWP while they carry out a Reconsideration of the original Decision, if you can provide more evidence or explain in more detail why you believe you still meet the requirements for Medium Rate Care, then there is an opportunity to overturn the Decision in the short tern.

A DLA Reconsider typically takes 13 weeks, although there can be considerable variation, after which, if the Decision is not revised, your paper will be passed to the Tribunal Service for a hearing. I do not have up to date figures, but would 1 would expect it take 10-12 months from lodging an appeal to a hearing being convened.

Please have a look at our DLA Appeal guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/dla/#dlaappeals

and if you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris