× Members

Delay in receiving back payments.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103629 by mrs doyle
Delay in receiving back payments. was created by mrs doyle
First of all a big thank you to B+W for your invaluable guides;8 weeks ago I won my appeal,WRAG to SG,I received confirmation of this from the tribunal people 4 days after the hearing.However I have not reeived any communication or back payment from the local benefit office.I phoned and spoke to a man there who did his best to get rid of me and said "there is a big queue and you must be in it"Can anyone tell me if this is the normal amount of time taken to process an appeal result? Thank you once again.
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 weeks ago #103631 by
Replied by on topic Delay in receiving back payments.

mrsdoyle wrote: First of all a big thank you to B+W for your invaluable guides;8 weeks ago I won my appeal,WRAG to SG,I received confirmation of this from the tribunal people 4 days after the hearing.However I have not reeived any communication or back payment from the local benefit office.I phoned and spoke to a man there who did his best to get rid of me and said "there is a big queue and you must be in it"Can anyone tell me if this is the normal amount of time taken to process an appeal result? Thank you once again.

Hi md,

Well done on winning your appeal, and thank you for the kind comments regarding B&W.

It is taking 8 weeks or longer for The DWP to update their systems with respect to a successful appeal, and to then pay any back payment of benefits owed.

You could try sending a copy of the Tribunal Decision Notice to the Benefits Office that deals with your ESA, with a covering letter.

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

This "may" speed things up.

As a passing comment, as you have been in the WRAG, if the JCP, or a Works Programme Provider, still tries to insist that you have to attend WFI's or WRA, (as as happened with some of our other members) You should send them a copy of the Tribunal Decision Notice, and cite ESA Reg 54 (2) (b) to them :

"is not a member of the support group;"

www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2008/794/regulation/54/made

You could even print it off, and include it.

bro58

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #103633 by mrs doyle
Replied by mrs doyle on topic Delay in receiving back payments.
Thank you bro58,thats stopped me panicking!

More
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 2 weeks ago #103636 by FoxyLady2
Replied by FoxyLady2 on topic Delay in receiving back payments.
12 weeks and counting since my appeal was upheld - I have sent them a copy of the paperwork - phoning is a pain - my ESA for the work related avtivity group runs out in a couple of weeks - it should continue since I'm now in the support group, but I'm not holding out much hope - just a mess - can't face it at the moment
Last edit: 11 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 2 weeks ago #103641 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Delay in receiving back payments.

FoxyLady2 wrote: 12 weeks and counting since my appeal was upheld - I have sent them a copy of the paperwork - phoning is a pain - my ESA for the work related avtivity group runs out in a couple of weeks - it should continue since I'm now in the support group, but I'm not holding out much hope - just a mess - can't face it at the moment

Under normal circumstances the DWP would expect to process a payment resulting from a Tribunal Decision in about six weeks, they might argue that circumstances are no longer normal, but that should not be your problem, so I would be thinking of (a) escalating the problem to a manager, (b) contacting my MP, (c) making a formal complaint.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: FoxyLady2

11 years 2 weeks ago #103642 by
Replied by on topic Delay in receiving back payments.
If you wish to do as Gordon has advised :

See :

Complaining to The DWP

Contacting your MP

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.