× Members

early retirement

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #103899 by Rab
early retirement was created by Rab
I retired from my job through ill health and have been on a company pension since then. I also get IB. I have been asked to attended a medical assessment. I am an AK amputee for 40 years and it has taken its toll on the rest of my body ie knee, foot,hip etc. My question is if my medical fails will I loose my company pension through ill health.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #103906 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic early retirement

Rab wrote: I retired from my job through ill health and have been on a company pension since then. I also get IB. I have been asked to attended a medical assessment. I am an AK amputee for 40 years and it has taken its toll on the rest of my body ie knee, foot,hip etc. My question is if my medical fails will I loose my company pension through ill health.

I think it unlikely, but the only way you will know is to check the terms and conditions of the pension, this is not something we can help you with as they are unique to you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
11 years 1 week ago #103939 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic early retirement

Rab wrote: I retired from my job through ill health and have been on a company pension since then. I also get IB. I have been asked to attended a medical assessment. I am an AK amputee for 40 years and it has taken its toll on the rest of my body ie knee, foot,hip etc. My question is if my medical fails will I loose my company pension through ill health.

You haven't made it clear whether it is the DWP, or your company pension provider who have asked you to attend a medical, although it appears to me to be the DWP.

If I'm correct, then a DWP medical should have no bearing on your occupational pension. They use their own criteria and employ their own medical assessors.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rab

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris