× Members

Thinking of withdrawing appeal WRAG-SG

• DonkeyDanni
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 5 days ago #104072 by DonkeyDanni
Thinking of withdrawing appeal WRAG-SG was created by DonkeyDanni
I have recently submitted a letter of appeal against the decision to put me in the WRAG for ESA. However, since doing this and using the resources on your brilliant site I have almost certainly decided I will withdraw it. I don't think my situation warrants them placing me in the support group, and as I suffer from Bipolar and severe anxiety I think it will be detrimental to my health to continue with the already stressful process.

What I would like to know is a bit more about being in the WRAG. I was worried that I would only be on the benefit for 12 months before I was kicked off, but I understand as I am IB that's not going to happen. In the initial interviews I had with my advisor I felt very pressured to take steps into training and work that I was not comfortable with and got a letter from my psychiatrist to ask them to ease off the pressure. What exactly are the requirements of these interviews? What can I be forced into? What happens if I relapse and am taken ill again?

I have read as much information as I could find on this site, i'm just looking for some reassurance really that i'm not going to be forced into anything im not ready for if I withdraw this appeal. Many thanks in advance :(
Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 days ago #104077 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Thinking of withdrawing appeal WRAG-SG
DD

We are really not in a position to offer you the reassurance that you are looking for :(

Most of the members who have reported their experiences with JC+ have been neutral or even positive in how it is gone, but my impression is that this view is at odds with how it is being reported on other forums.

The following explains what you may be expected of you

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

You are required to take part in Work Related Activity while you are in the WRAG, although this must take into account any limitations that result from your condition(s), however a failure to participate can lead to your payments being sanctioned, whilst appealable, these issues can often take months to resolve.

Changes to ESA Sanctions

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris