× Members

ESA- they ask how i managed since last payment

• Sarah Hooper
  • Topic Author
11 years 5 days ago - 11 years 5 days ago #104084 by Sarah Hooper
Dear All
I would be really grateful for some advice.

I am managing my mums ESA and DLA applications for her.

She was asked to resubmit her claim in December.

She then stopped receiving payment - her renewal form has been in process since January.

They have sent her a letter telling her they cannot make a decision until she tells them how she has managed without payment since January.

Please could somebody advise me on what to include in the letter?

I need to send it by special delivery tomorrow.

Thankyou :-)
Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 days ago - 11 years 5 days ago #104087 by Gordon
SH

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

With regard your question, the title of the topic suggests that this is in connection with an ESA claim, but your posts discusses DLA and ESA renewals, can you clarify which benefit has had the payments stopped and when this happened, and for which the request for information has been made?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 4 days ago #104101 by slugsta
Hi s,

Just to let you know that there is no need to make a duplicate post if the first one does not appear straight away. All posts on this forum have to be read and approved by a moderator before being made public. How long this takes depends entirely upon how many (voluntary) moderators are online and how busy we are.

I have deleted the duplicate thread so that any answers are kept in one place for you :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 4 days ago - 11 years 4 days ago #104114 by Gordon
SH

As you appear to have logged off without providing further information I will try and provide some suggestions.

With no understanding of how long it since payments were made it is not easy to reply, if was a month or two then it might be reasonable to expect a claimant to live of any savings that they may have accrued, longer than this then I would think that the DWP are interested in whether your mother has additional sources of income, possibly not declared, or savings that exceed the limits

All I can suggest is to openly and honestly explain how she has managed without these benefits being paid.

Gordon

Last edit: 11 years 4 days ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.