× Members

IB to SG No medical

More
10 years 11 months ago #104092 by summertrain
IB to SG No medical was created by summertrain
Just heard that I have been transfered from IB to ESA support group with no medical. I don't think that I could have done it without these wonderful guides. It was hard work, but especially the advice to use the online pdf ESA50 was a great help, as I could do it a bit at a time, and edit as necessary.

The letter that I received from JC+ had no mention of the length of the award, so I rang JC+ who said it was for a year. I also asked for any documents used in the decision making process.

Whilst I am obviously very relieved to have been awarded ESA, I note from the letter that the award begins on the 29th May, whilst the decision was made on 25th April, so there is a month of IB rates, before the new rate kicks in, so I won't get a full year at the higher rate before I am reassessed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #104096 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic IB to SG No medical
Well done on getting the decision you deserved :cheer: Thanks for letting us know, and for your kind words about this site.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: summertrain

More
10 years 11 months ago #104099 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to SG No medical
Congratulations

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
10 years 11 months ago #104112 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic IB to SG No medical
Great News ST, :woohoo:

Thanks for the positive feed back.

bro58

More
10 years 11 months ago #104394 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic IB to SG No medical
Just a question about when I will be reassessed. The person I spoke to said that the decision to award ESA Support group for 1 year had been made on 25th April. This was a transfer from IB to ESA that had been going on for a while. Will that date of 25th April be the date from which the 1 year is calculated?

Also I don't get the full ESA rate until 29th May, so I will have a full month at the old IB rate. Is this normal practice?

More
10 years 11 months ago #104397 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to SG No medical

summertrain wrote: Just a question about when I will be reassessed. The person I spoke to said that the decision to award ESA Support group for 1 year had been made on 25th April. This was a transfer from IB to ESA that had been going on for a while. Will that date of 25th April be the date from which the 1 year is calculated?

Also I don't get the full ESA rate until 29th May, so I will have a full month at the old IB rate. Is this normal practice?

Those being transferred from another benefit to ESA, will typically have 2-4 weeks from the date of the Decision before they are actually moved on to ESA.

If the Decision was April and was for a year then I would expect you to get a new ESA50 around February of next year.

Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.