× Members

IB to SG No medical

More
11 years 4 days ago #104092 by summertrain
IB to SG No medical was created by summertrain
Just heard that I have been transfered from IB to ESA support group with no medical. I don't think that I could have done it without these wonderful guides. It was hard work, but especially the advice to use the online pdf ESA50 was a great help, as I could do it a bit at a time, and edit as necessary.

The letter that I received from JC+ had no mention of the length of the award, so I rang JC+ who said it was for a year. I also asked for any documents used in the decision making process.

Whilst I am obviously very relieved to have been awarded ESA, I note from the letter that the award begins on the 29th May, whilst the decision was made on 25th April, so there is a month of IB rates, before the new rate kicks in, so I won't get a full year at the higher rate before I am reassessed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 days ago #104096 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic IB to SG No medical
Well done on getting the decision you deserved :cheer: Thanks for letting us know, and for your kind words about this site.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: summertrain

More
11 years 4 days ago #104099 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to SG No medical
Congratulations

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
11 years 4 days ago #104112 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic IB to SG No medical
Great News ST, :woohoo:

Thanks for the positive feed back.

bro58

More
11 years 21 hours ago #104394 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic IB to SG No medical
Just a question about when I will be reassessed. The person I spoke to said that the decision to award ESA Support group for 1 year had been made on 25th April. This was a transfer from IB to ESA that had been going on for a while. Will that date of 25th April be the date from which the 1 year is calculated?

Also I don't get the full ESA rate until 29th May, so I will have a full month at the old IB rate. Is this normal practice?

More
11 years 20 hours ago #104397 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to SG No medical

summertrain wrote: Just a question about when I will be reassessed. The person I spoke to said that the decision to award ESA Support group for 1 year had been made on 25th April. This was a transfer from IB to ESA that had been going on for a while. Will that date of 25th April be the date from which the 1 year is calculated?

Also I don't get the full ESA rate until 29th May, so I will have a full month at the old IB rate. Is this normal practice?

Those being transferred from another benefit to ESA, will typically have 2-4 weeks from the date of the Decision before they are actually moved on to ESA.

If the Decision was April and was for a year then I would expect you to get a new ESA50 around February of next year.

Gordon

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris