× Members

IB to ESA, nil points and appealing

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #118115 by dizzy247
Replied by dizzy247 on topic IB to ESA, nil points and appealing
I have received my appeal hearing date (in 2 weeks time) I sent off my submission a few days ago, going into great detail again about my condition and stating which descriptors I feel apply to me. At the moment I don't have any further evidence to support my appeal but have used what I have already sent to DWP with my claim, but this time have highlighted and cross referenced certain points to show how I feel I meet the descriptors for the support group.

My question is, Will this now go straight to the appeal panel or will a copy be sent to DWP?

Also I am waiting for a further letter of support from my GP, but not sure how soon I will get it, it may not be received in time to post to the tribunal office, will it be acceptable to take it with me on the day?

Many thanks
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #118118 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to ESA, nil points and appealing
dizzy247

On the assumption that you sent your submission to the Tribunal Service then they will send copies to all of the parties including the DWP and yourself.

It should be OK to take the letter on the day, they should accept up to one side of A4 on the day without problem, if it is longer then I would recommend that you take copies with you, as it is ESA you will need 2 for the panel, a DWP Presenting Officer (although there is unlikely to be one), a file copy and of course one for yourself, totalling five copies.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #118119 by

dizzy247 wrote: I have received my appeal hearing date (in 2 weeks time) I sent off my submission a few days ago, going into great detail again about my condition and stating which descriptors I feel apply to me. At the moment I don't have any further evidence to support my appeal but have used what I have already sent to DWP with my claim, but this time have highlighted and cross referenced certain points to show how I feel I meet the descriptors for the support group.

My question is, Will this now go straight to the appeal panel or will a copy be sent to DWP?

Also I am waiting for a further letter of support from my GP, but not sure how soon I will get it, it may not be received in time to post to the tribunal office, will it be acceptable to take it with me on the day?

Many thanks

Hi d247,

Any evidence that you submit to The TS will also be copied to The DWP, as both parties in the appeal must have access to all evidence submitted.

The Tribunal Panel will probably not look at the evidence until the night before the hearing, and they may also discuss it before the hearing.

If you do gain the letter from your G.P. before the hearing, I would post copy of it to The TS by recorded signed for delivery.

I would also make 4 copies of the original, and take these copies to the hearing (as well as the original).

Present 3 copies to The Clerk on arrival, and ask that they pass them on to the panel.

The same would apply if you did not manage to obtain the G.P. letter in time to post it.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

More
10 years 3 months ago #118121 by dizzy247
Thanks again Gordon.

Think I might need a bit more than good luck :( but just want it over with now, so it can't come soon enough!!

Will update with the result

D

More
10 years 3 months ago #118123 by dizzy247
Thanks bro

10 years 3 months ago #118124 by

dizzy247 wrote: Thanks bro

Good luck from me too, d247 !! :)

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.