× Members

WFI

• snugglesxxx65
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104139 by snugglesxxx65
WFI was created by snugglesxxx65
My husband had his first wfi over the phone about 3mths ago, today he received a letter asking to attend a wfi at our local job centre.

What will the interview entail will he be told to apply for work? He is in receipt of ESA (ir) wrag.

He suffers with Epilepsy, non epilepsy seizure disorder and depression. Last month alone he suffered 52 seizures alone. Do we tell the jc how many seizures he had and where would that leave us what would be his options?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #104146 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic WFI
You could always try phoning the JobCentre and asking if the WFI could be carried out over the phone again. The worst they can do is say 'no'.

The Work Focused Activities are supposed to take into account the claimant's limitations. After all, to be in WRAG one has been categorised as unfit for work. Whilst in the WRAG no-one can be made to work or seek work, although referral to the Work Program is possible

Work Focussed Interviews

Work Programme

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• snugglesxxx65
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104294 by snugglesxxx65
Replied by snugglesxxx65 on topic WFI
Hi

Well my husband had is WFI an hour we were told 10 minutes we were in there. What a lovely lady she was to.

Told her how many seizures my husband as in a month and she said with so many seizures he should be put into the support group so she told us to appeal which we will do. I asked if we appealed could he lose his ESA but she said no, she gave us her name and telephone number in case we needed any support in doing the appeal.

We both were so nervous but i thought i would let all of you that are going through WFI's its not all bad.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 1 month ago #104305 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WFI

snugglesxxx65 wrote: Hi

Well my husband had is WFI an hour we were told 10 minutes we were in there. What a lovely lady she was to.

Told her how many seizures my husband as in a month and she said with so many seizures he should be put into the support group so she told us to appeal which we will do. I asked if we appealed could he lose his ESA but she said no, she gave us her name and telephone number in case we needed any support in doing the appeal.

We both were so nervous but i thought i would let all of you that are going through WFI's its not all bad.

I am afraid there is no direct route to the Support Group because of your husbands seizures, he may qualify because he meets one of the other SG descriptors or because he meets the substantial risk criteria for Regulation 35.

Whilst it is very unlikely that his current award would be endangered because of an appeal, there still remains a non zero risk.

Have a look at our ESA Appeal guide

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa

and the following FAQs

How long do I have to appeal?

How to submit an appeal

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

Qualifying for the Support Group

Disability Rights UK Factsheet - Appeals and reconsiderations

Preparing for a Tribunal

MOJ Video of ESA Appeals Process and Tribunal

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

Do I have to attend WFIs while I appeal?

If you have further questions, please reply to this post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
11 years 1 month ago #104307 by JLP
Replied by JLP on topic WFI
Hi, I was very worried about my interview and like yours my advisor could not have been nicer. He said you should have phoned me if you were appealing and you didnt need to come here at all. He even told me that I should apply for PIP! he too gave me his telephone number in case there were any problems. Glad you had a good experience too!

More
11 years 1 month ago #104309 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic WFI

JLP wrote: Hi, I was very worried about my interview and like yours my advisor could not have been nicer. He said you should have phoned me if you were appealing and you didnt need to come here at all. He even told me that I should apply for PIP! he too gave me his telephone number in case there were any problems. Glad you had a good experience too!

I'm glad that you had a good advisor. It is nice that he suspended the WFIs while you were appealing, this was entirely at his discretion and not everyone does this.

The following user(s) said Thank You: JLP

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.