× Members

ESA assessment appointment

• crad2@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104173 by crad2@hotmail.com
ESA assessment appointment was created by crad2@hotmail.com
I have received esa assessment appointment for Monday 20 May 9am at medical centre.
I clearly stated on my ESA50 i need home assessment, mental health problems. My GP has faxed ATOS request for home visit on 10/5/13 which they have received. Phoned ATOS yesterday to be told ring back Thurs or Friday to see if it has been granted. If they say NO they are not giving me any time and as my appointment is this Monday they will stop my benefit if i dont attend, i'm up the creek.
I filled in the ESA50 very comprehensively and enclosed good supporting report from psychiatrist too.
I really dont think they have even looked at my ESA50 form.

Any ideas please
thank you
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #104175 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA assessment appointment

vision wrote: I have received esa assessment appointment for Monday 20 May 9am at medical centre.
I clearly stated on my ESA50 i need home assessment, mental health problems. My GP has faxed ATOS request for home visit on 10/5/13 which they have received. Phoned ATOS yesterday to be told ring back Thurs or Friday to see if it has been granted. If they say NO they are not giving me any time and as my appointment is this Monday they will stop my benefit if i dont attend, i'm up the creek.
I filled in the ESA50 very comprehensively and enclosed good supporting report from psychiatrist too.
I really dont think they have even looked at my ESA50 form.

Any ideas please
thank you

Unfortunately, you have no legal right to a home assessment, it is entirely at the discretion of ATOS and is not an appealable Decision.

You should be able to cancel one appointment without fault, it is only two missed meetings that should result in your file being returned to the DWP as a no show.

If a home assessment is denied and you fail to attend, then there is a good chance that your claim will be closed and you will be found Fit for Work, this is an appealable Decision but could take months to resolve with no guarantee of success. You can make a new claim for ESA, but it will not be liable for payment until you attend a WCA or you six months have elapsed, whichever is earlier.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• crad2@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104177 by crad2@hotmail.com
Replied by crad2@hotmail.com on topic ESA assessment appointment
If they say NO to home visit Would it be worthwhile me contacting my MP about this situation?
I have heard of this happening and things seem to happen somehow
thank you
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104182 by
Replied by on topic ESA assessment appointment

vision wrote: If they say NO to home visit Would it be worthwhile me contacting my MP about this situation?
I have heard of this happening and things seem to happen somehow
thank you

Hi v,

Yes, you could enlist the support of your M.P. :

Contacting your MP

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by . Reason: Mod Edit, G.P. already FAXED ATOS

• crad2@hotmail.com
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104330 by crad2@hotmail.com
Replied by crad2@hotmail.com on topic ESA assessment appointment
My partner phoned ATOS yesterday, they couldnt tell us if home visit had been granted yet. They said my appointment for the 20th may was cancelled and a new one made for 5th June.
We also asked them if they had received the medical report from my consultant. We sent it on 2nd April special delivery tracked as delivered on 3rd April, they said they had no record of it!!!! strange.
This mediacal report was part of my supporting evidence with my ESA50, although i had to send it a couple of days later after my ESA50 was sent.
So we have sent it again by special delivery and FAX, see what they say now.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 1 month ago #104339 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA assessment appointment

vision wrote: My partner phoned ATOS yesterday, they couldnt tell us if home visit had been granted yet. They said my appointment for the 20th may was cancelled and a new one made for 5th June.
We also asked them if they had received the medical report from my consultant. We sent it on 2nd April special delivery tracked as delivered on 3rd April, they said they had no record of it!!!! strange.
This mediacal report was part of my supporting evidence with my ESA50, although i had to send it a couple of days later after my ESA50 was sent.
So we have sent it again by special delivery and FAX, see what they say now.

It would be worth retaining a copy of the report to give to the assessor when you have your assessment, just to make sure it is added to your file.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.