× Members

Re: ESA rates for myself and my husband

• Carol Devereux
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104249 by Carol Devereux
Re: ESA rates for myself and my husband was created by Carol Devereux
Hi there

Can somebody please help me with the rates of ESA, There is my husband and myself and we are really struggling with our money and I have been trying to find out just how much we are entitled to. We get £111.45 for him and I, £21.30 Disability income guarantee and £28.15 for Work related Activity Group making a total of £160.90 per week out of that are deductions for the following £16.55 gas, £15.55 for electric leaving a total of £128.80per week out of this we now have to pay £60 every two weeks to cover bedroom tax (£50) and £10 rent arrears plus £22 per month to make up the shortfall in Council tax, I am using their figures explaining to me my award and all I got put into my account is £217.60, these figures do not add up I have worked it out that there is a discrepancy of about £40 per two weeks that I am missing, please please can somebody help me make sense of this, thank you in anticipation

Kind regards

Carol Devereux
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104258 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Re: ESA rates for myself and my husband

Carol Devereux wrote: Hi there

Can somebody please help me with the rates of ESA, There is my husband and myself and we are really struggling with our money and I have been trying to find out just how much we are entitled to. We get £111.45 for him and I, £21.30 Disability income guarantee and £28.15 for Work related Activity Group making a total of £160.90 per week out of that are deductions for the following £16.55 gas, £15.55 for electric leaving a total of £128.80per week out of this we now have to pay £60 every two weeks to cover bedroom tax (£50) and £10 rent arrears plus £22 per month to make up the shortfall in Council tax, I am using their figures explaining to me my award and all I got put into my account is £217.60, these figures do not add up I have worked it out that there is a discrepancy of about £40 per two weeks that I am missing, please please can somebody help me make sense of this, thank you in anticipation

Kind regards

Carol Devereux

Hi CD,

Unfortunately, we cannot discuss, or advise on members personal financial details on the forum, and what they may or may not be entitled to, except in a generic scenario.

If you feel that your money is in shortfall, you should get face to face advice from a Benefits Adviser who will have full access to all your personal details.

Potential sources of such advice can be found here :

Where to get advice?

Or you could put Welfare Rights/Advice into your Internet search engine with your Town/Postcode.

Other options are The Benefits Enquiry Line :

www.gov.uk/benefit-enquiry-line

Or turn to us :

Benefits Calculator

Here is a list of current Benefit Rates :

Please see : Benefit Rate Increases from April 2013

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
11 years 1 month ago #104259 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re: ESA rates for myself and my husband

Carol Devereux wrote: Hi there

Kind regards

Carol Devereux

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

We are very limited in the assistance we can give members in regard their payments, the first thing to say is that you outgoings are not relevant to the calculation.

If you are expecting £160.90 per week then this would result in a payment of £321.80 every fortnight, which is significantly different from the £217.60 that you say you are getting.

I would recommend you take all of the paperwork regarding your paperwork to your local CAB or Welfare Advice office, and ask them to calculate what you should be receiving, they should also be able to contact the DWP if their is a discrepancy.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.