× Members

2nd IB ESA conversion WCA while waiting appeal?

• Colin Speirs
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104253 by Colin Speirs
Hi

My wife got a decision for her conversion from IB to ESA WRAG September last year.

She is awaiting a date for an appeal, as she believes she should be in the support group.

Last week she got another ESA 50. The covering letter is for conversion from IB to ESA.

Has anyone else had this?

Is this correct or a glitch by the DWP as she has already been converted

Is there something we should be doing or looking out for or is this a badly covered continuation ESA?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #104255 by citymike
Hi CS
I had a similar covering letter in March. When I rang Atos they said they knew I had already been converted to ESA and that they were using up old letters.
Best of luck CM.

More
11 years 1 month ago #104257 by slugsta
Hi C,

With appeals taking so long to be heard, it is not unusual for a claimant to be reassessed before the initial appeal has been heard. We also have several members who have had such letters even though they have already been migrated from ESA, it appears that there is a stock of old letters that are being used up - no matter how confusing this is for the claimant!

Your wife can phone DWP to check what is happening. If she does this she should make sure that she receives a call-back from a supervisor as call-centre operatives seems to say some very strange things at times! However, without something in writing from DWP to say that the form does not need to be completed your wife should ensure that it is completed and submitted as requested as failure to do so could result in the claim being closed and loss of benefit.

As a side issue, it appears that your username might be your real name. if you would like to change this, in order to maintain some anonymity, you can do it easily by following the advice in this FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

If you have any further questions please come back and ask them on this thread/topic. You will find it again easily if you mark it as a favourite, or bookmark it, now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.