× Members

If I do not attend wrag job centre interview

• rob1002
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104293 by rob1002
Hi,
I was placed in the work related activity group without a medical,I have been asked to attend an interview at local job centre on the 20th May,if I do not attend their interviews will they stop all my ESA payments or just a portion.

Regards
Rob
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104299 by

rob1002 wrote: Hi,
I was placed in the work related activity group without a medical,I have been asked to attend an interview at local job centre on the 20th May,if I do not attend their interviews will they stop all my ESA payments or just a portion.

Regards
Rob

Hi R,

See the information on the links below :

Changes to ESA Sanctions

Work Focused Interviews

Work Programme

If you can't attend for any reason, you should phone up The JSP Adviser. They can defer WFI's, carry them out over the phone, or even in one's home.

If you feel that you qualify for the Support Group, have you thought about appealing the WRAG award ?

Qualifying for the Support Group

Please reply to this topic if you have any further queries.

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

More
11 years 1 month ago #104303 by Roidininki
Replied by Roidininki on topic If I do not attend wrag job centre interview
Have you good reason not to attend ? I can only relate what happened to a friend I represent . He put an appeal in against being put in WRAG two months before the appointment to attend the WFI came from the JC. A letter was sent to the latter saying he was appealing and wouldn't be attending because of his severe mental disorder.
He then received a letter saying two officers were coming to his houseon such and such a date to make sure he understood the requirements expected of him .They never turned up and nothing happened for three weeks then came the sanction of £71 a week until he heard six weeks later that he had been put in the Support Group .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.