× Members

taxable esa

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104313 by cbrad
taxable esa was created by cbrad
I have just been transferred to support group of esa from ib, my ib was taxable, but what I don't know is how much of my esa is cont based and how much my esa ir based is taxable?

I have been told I will get £107.68 esa cont based including esa ir based. I have other works pensions taken into account.

I am totally confused by the esa letter I have received as it does not split what is cont based or what is ir based.

is it correct that esa basic is £71.70 plus support group element of £34.80 which equals £106.30 for me.

my question, is the amount of taxable esa for me is £106.30 or just £71.70. thank you for any advice.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104314 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic taxable esa

cbrad wrote: I have just been transferred to support group of esa from ib, my ib was taxable, but what I don't know is how much of my esa is cont based and how much my esa ir based is taxable?

I have been told I will get £107.68 esa cont based including esa ir based. I have other works pensions taken into account.

I am totally confused by the esa letter I have received as it does not split what is cont based or what is ir based.

is it correct that esa basic is £71.70 plus support group element of £34.80 which equals £106.30 for me.

my question, is the amount of taxable esa for me is £106.30 or just £71.70. thank you for any advice.

You really need the DWP to clarify what you are receiving, as I would not expect anybody transferred from IB to be receiving any ESA(IR) element unless they were originally receiving Income Support in addition to their IB.

I would expect all of your ESA(CB) to be liable to tax, you need to find out whether the additional £1.38 is a Transitional Payment or whether it is an ESA(IR) top-up, if it is the latter then it is not taxable, if the former then I am afraid I am unsure as to whether it is liable or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.