× Members

Interview at Jobcentre plus office

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104321 by primrose
Interview at Jobcentre plus office was created by primrose
I am currently receiving DLA (higher rate) and ESA (support group), but I have been asked to attend an interview at my local Jobcentreplus office. The letter reads that if there is a doubt about whether the conditions for entitlement are being met. I have also been asked for a copy of my occupational pension. I phoned the office to ask if I could just send in a copy but was told I must attend. It was my understanding that neither of these benefits are means tested but he still wanted to see evidence anyway, somewhat odd. My other concern is only a medical examiner can assess whether I meet the conditions for continuance of my benefits.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104325 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Interview at Jobcentre plus office

primrose wrote: I am currently receiving DLA (higher rate) and ESA (support group), but I have been asked to attend an interview at my local Jobcentreplus office. The letter reads that if there is a doubt about whether the conditions for entitlement are being met. I have also been asked for a copy of my occupational pension. I phoned the office to ask if I could just send in a copy but was told I must attend. It was my understanding that neither of these benefits are means tested but he still wanted to see evidence anyway, somewhat odd. My other concern is only a medical examiner can assess whether I meet the conditions for continuance of my benefits.

At the risk of worrying further, this sounds like a Compliance Interview.

You must attend and provide the information requested, I would strongly recommend that you take a companion with you.

You do not say what ESA you are receiving, but your being in the Support Group does not mean that your ESA is not means tested. If you are receiving Income Related ESA then it most certainly is and will consider your family income, assets and savings and any hours that your partner works. If you are receiving Contribution Based ESA then any pension income in excess of £85/w may affect the amount of ESA you receive.

If you can, please get face to face advice from a trained advisor before the meeting, see

Where to get advice?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 1 month ago #104329 by primrose
Replied by primrose on topic Interview at Jobcentre plus office
Many thanks for a quick reply. I had forgotten about that £85 figure, but when I spoke to him he said that as I had been on long term disability any means testing did not apply. So I then asked if I could just send the evidence in but he wanted to see me. So it looks like I am being forced to attend a meeting to present a document which isn't relevant and to sign a statement, bizarre.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.