× Members

Calling DWP

• Sukiwarror
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104332 by Sukiwarror
Calling DWP was created by Sukiwarror
Hello,

I had my first assessment 2 weeks ago today and still no brown envelope do you think it would be ok to call them and ask for the result. I really think ( hope) I will get support group but I know they do not let you know for how long when the letter does come so one has to call anyhow ??

Many thanks,

Suki
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104335 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Calling DWP

Sukiwarror wrote: Hello,

I had my first assessment 2 weeks ago today and still no brown envelope do you think it would be ok to call them and ask for the result. I really think ( hope) I will get support group but I know they do not let you know for how long when the letter does come so one has to call anyhow ??

Many thanks,

Suki

Phoning for an update will have no impact on your claim, your file should be back with the DWP, so give your local office a call.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Sukiwarror
  • Topic Author
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104343 by Sukiwarror
Replied by Sukiwarror on topic Calling DWP
Whenever I have to call someone about my benefits I call Newcastle benefit office even thought I am based in Surrey. So will they know?

More
11 years 1 month ago #104347 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Calling DWP

Sukiwarror wrote: Whenever I have to call someone about my benefits I call Newcastle benefit office even thought I am based in Surrey. So will they know?

There should be a number for the office that deals with your claims on any of the letters that you have received from the DWP, but they all use the same computer system, so if it is Newcastle they should still be able to tell you what is going on.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sukiwarror

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.