× Members

DLA/AA - PIP

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104376 by Peter
DLA/AA - PIP was created by Peter
I am currently on DLA middle rate plus High Rate Mobility given for an unlimited time.

I am now 64 years old and my understanding is that when I turn 65 on may 12th 2014 this will change to AA or has PIP changed this.

The letter from DWP notifying this years increase it says that unless my circumstances improve or worsen then my DLA will not be reviewed until October 2015

Will the DLA change to AA and then escape PIP or will PIP have to be applied for when I become 65

Any body know better than me?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #104379 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic DLA/AA - PIP

Peter wrote: I am currently on DLA middle rate plus High Rate Mobility given for an unlimited time.

I am now 64 years old and my understanding is that when I turn 65 on may 12th 2014 this will change to AA or has PIP changed this.

The letter from DWP notifying this years increase it says that unless my circumstances improve or worsen then my DLA will not be reviewed until October 2015

Will the DLA change to AA and then escape PIP or will PIP have to be applied for when I become 65

Any body know better than me?

Hi P,

If you are in receipt of DLA before turning 65,it does not turn into AA after you turn 65, you would continue to receive DLA for as long as you qualify for it.

Only new claimants over 65 have to apply for AA.

As you have an indefinite award you should not be invited to apply for PIP until after October 2015.

See :

I currently get an indefinite award of disability living allowance (DLA). Will I be automatically entitled to personal independence payment (PIP)?

What is the timetable for introducing personal independence payment (PIP)?

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.