× Members

ATOS ignoring specific requests

• bro58
10 years 11 months ago #105528 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ATOS ignoring specific requests
Hi T_C,

I don't know whether you have requested that your F2F Assessment should be recorded, but there has been a recent update to policy on this, as can be seen here :

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...d=10&id=87658#105444

bro58

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #105531 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic ATOS ignoring specific requests
Just wondering bro, if you request to have a recording do they have to let you know in advance that they will record it or do you just find out on the day? If they let you know in advance that you can have a recording but when you turn up and it's not there can you cancel - but would it be 'one strike' against you even though it's not your fault? And what about if they tell you on the day that it's not ready - is that a 'strike' against you if you cancel?
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
10 years 11 months ago #105533 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic ATOS ignoring specific requests

mumsgirl wrote: Just wondering bro, if you request to have a recording do they have to let you know in advance that they will record it or do you just find out on the day? If they let you know in advance that you can have a recording but when you turn up and it's not there can you cancel - but would it be 'one strike' against you even though it's not your fault? And what about if they tell you on the day that it's not ready - is that a 'strike' against you if you cancel?

Hi mg,

Once you receive an appointment, you should contact ATOS to confirm that The F2F is to be recorded.

If you read the change in policy on the links in my previous post, there should not be a scenario where a recording has been promised and yet is not available when you get there.

ATOS used to state that if for some reason thery could not provide recording facilities within 4 weeks, then the F2F could go ahead.

This was DWP policy, now the 4 weeks deadline has been withdrawn.

As I always advise, get any confirmation of recording etc, in writing.

Hope you got your ESA50 sent off O.K. please keep us updated.

bro58

More
10 years 11 months ago #105548 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic ATOS ignoring specific requests
Yes Bro, I have sent my ESA off (about a week ago) and I feel sick to the stomach about a another assessment! And this time I have no one to go with me which probably means WRAG at best, if at all! I am now doing the DLA but I won't be troubling you like I did with the ESA because basically I don't really understand it and am just copying (and updating) the answers from the last one! And I don't have the motivation to spend all that time that I spent on the ESA on it! My GP is going to fill in 'the someone that knows you' section, but she wants it before the 17th June (it doesn't end till 8th Sept) because she is going on a few holidays. I better not hijack T_C's thread any longer (sorry T_C!). Just wanted say 'thanks' to you Bro (and the rest of the moderators on BW for their support/advice).

• Tom_Cobbley
  • Topic Author
10 years 11 months ago #105552 by Tom_Cobbley
Replied by Tom_Cobbley on topic ATOS ignoring specific requests
Thanks Mrs. H. I agree that she was nothing to do with the making of appointments and I didn't (don't) suggest that she was in any way responsible. I was merely telling her what had happened and in the absence of anyone else to ask, I was asking if she knew why/how things had happened that way.

Once I had identified myself, she produced a folder bearing my name and details. Inside, were all the medical papers and notes I had previously submitted, including the letter asking for an A.M., appointment !!

As you might I expect, I brought it to her attention at which point she agreed that my request ought to have been considered.

Ultimately it was she who made the subsequent appointment for my enforced return and I thanked her for her making the arrangements for a more 'manageable' time of day.

Thanks again.

• Tom_Cobbley
  • Topic Author
10 years 11 months ago #105556 by Tom_Cobbley
Replied by Tom_Cobbley on topic ATOS ignoring specific requests
Feel free to hi-jack. I don't mind. We are all needing help with our individual needs, so no worries from me........Good luck..................... :)

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris