× Members

Help with submitting a supersession please.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #104819 by lizzie23
Good evening everyone. I really need some help please. Since my last medical, I have been diagnosed with three new conditions and so I need to ask for a supersession to request entry to the support group.
I appealed the original Wrag decision, but was refused by the attending doctor as he refused to accept medical evidence which was obtained after the medical but was a diagnosis of the original medical problem. As I have had a massive cardiac arrest and subsequent seven stents I was to ill to appeal against the decision but my query is this. Do you think that I should mention the appeal decison when requesting the supersession to the DWP? They are obviously aware of his comments and I would like the right of reply. However do you think I should or would it be detrimental to my case?
I am so tired of fighting the system that I am thinking of giving up but I know how ill I am but it is so difficult even with medical evidence to prove it. Thank you for listening.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #104820 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help with submitting a supersession please.

Lizzie23 wrote: Good evening everyone. I really need some help please. Since my last medical, I have been diagnosed with three new conditions and so I need to ask for a supersession to request entry to the support group.
I appealed the original Wrag decision, but was refused by the attending doctor as he refused to accept medical evidence which was obtained after the medical but was a diagnosis of the original medical problem. As I have had a massive cardiac arrest and subsequent seven stents I was to ill to appeal against the decision but my query is this. Do you think that I should mention the appeal decison when requesting the supersession to the DWP? They are obviously aware of his comments and I would like the right of reply. However do you think I should or would it be detrimental to my case?
I am so tired of fighting the system that I am thinking of giving up but I know how ill I am but it is so difficult even with medical evidence to prove it. Thank you for listening.

As always it is up to you to decide want you want to refer to, however, your appeal was looking at your condition as it was at the time of the Decision you appealed, rightly or wrongly, this is why your evidence was ignored.

Your request for a Supersession is going to look at your condition as it is now and the period since the last Decision on your claim (not the Tribunal), so your appeal result, other than setting a marker in terms of any deterioration has no relevance to this re-assessment.

Will it be detrimental, I cannot think why it should, but neither will you gain any advantage by mentioning it. The only positive to draw from the previous result is that by excluding your evidence from the Tribunal, it is by definition included into this Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #104822 by lizzie23
Replied by lizzie23 on topic Help with submitting a supersession please.
Thank you very much. As always your advice is invaluable. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.