× Members

change of circumstances for DLA claim

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #104828 by WEELOLA
change of circumstances for DLA claim was created by WEELOLA
Hi everyone, can anyone please give me some advice? I've been getting DLA high rate mobility and low rate care components indefinitely for past several years. My condition has now worsened over past year, and I also have two new ailments affecting my mobility even more so and I need more help and support. It was suggested to me that I should notify the DLA office as I may be entitled to an increase in my care component. If I was to apply now, will I be reassessed under DLA rules or the new PIP benefit? Also, is there a likelihood I could be sent for an assessment or would they just look at my new form and the medical evidence I have given? Has anyone done this recently and how did it go for you? Thanks to anyone who can give advice.
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #104842 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic change of circumstances for DLA claim

ELIZABETH wrote: Hi everyone, can anyone please give me some advice? I've been getting DLA high rate mobility and low rate care components indefinitely for past several years. My condition has now worsened over past year, and I also have two new ailments affecting my mobility even more so and I need more help and support. It was suggested to me that I should notify the DLA office as I may be entitled to an increase in my care component. If I was to apply now, will I be reassessed under DLA rules or the new PIP benefit? Also, is there a likelihood I could be sent for an assessment or would they just look at my new form and the medical evidence I have given? Has anyone done this recently and how did it go for you? Thanks to anyone who can give advice.

Hi E,

As you have indefinite DLA awards, you should be assessed under DLA criteria if you request a review due to a change in circumstances (deterioration) before October 2013, see :

What is the timetable for introducing personal independence payment (PIP)?

You should be aware that there is some risk involved in requesting a review, in that the whole of your DLA award, (both components may be looked at anew).

You could only fill in the "Care" part of the DLA form, and write "No Change, no review requested" on the "Mobility" part, but there isn't any guarantee that they will not look at both components.

Whether or not a face to face "Medical" will be required will be up to The DWP. The more supportive evidence that you can supply, the more chance of you not having a "Medical"

There is a possibility that The DWP may contact your G.P. to ask them to fill out a DLA Factual Report (GPFR), so it may be advisable to consult your G.P. before hand to see how supportive they would be.

There is a guide on "Changes Of Circumstances For People Claiming Disability Living Allowance"

On this page :

DLA Claims Guides

You may also find these documents informative :

DLA : G.P. reports :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dla-aa-1pp-factual.pdf

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dla-aa-6pp-factual.pdf

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/medical-reports-completion.pdf

DM Guide AA & DLA :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dmgch61.pdf

DR UK DLA & AA :

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/f23.htm

You should also review our : DLA FAQ’s

bro58
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.