× Members

Confused, why a face to face this time ?

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #106937 by Evelyn
Replied by Evelyn on topic Confused, why a face to face this time ?
Hi Mods and everyone who is reading this:

I am panicking a bit as I am told today I have two letters both from ATOS who sent the original ESA50 form. I know this is in response to my sending in more evidence (last week) prior to my med assessment which they cancelled after receiving the new evidence.

I cannot get hold of the letters as I am down south now for a week.

So I thought maybe someone have had experience of receiving two letters from ATOS following their reconsideration of a medical. I was dreading the medical and was not able to go without my friend.

I feel sure one of these letters would be to tell me of their decision following reconsideration but would the presence of the second indicate another date for medical assessment?

I know it sounds silly, but just need to hear from anyone if they have come across getting two letters following new evidence being submitted. I am not able to get back to my home until next week and I do not want the letters redirected.

The state I am in at the moment I do not feel able to call ATOS to check.
And I am aware other people have more urgent matters to deal with but anyone, anything, even if 'bad' news, at least I have an idea and can prepared for the time I finally read the letters.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCHSheff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #106940 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused, why a face to face this time ?
Evelyn

I am sorry but there is simply no way for us or anybody else to know what is in these envelopes.

Until you, or someone opens them on your behalf, you will be left guessing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 9 months ago #106954 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Confused, why a face to face this time ?
Decision letters are sent out by DWP, not ATOS.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #106984 by Evelyn
Dear Mods,
Got my friend to open the letters.
please me what the following mean:
"Important - we have cancelled your appointment.....
Dear ....
We recently asked you to attend a medical assessment at ......on......in relation to your claim.
We have now received more information and we no longer need you to came to this assessment (in BOLD). Please do not (BOLD) come to the medical examination centre as this appointment has been cancelled.
If you want to discuss your claim or if you would like more information about why you no longer need this medical assessment .........please contact the Jobcentre Plus office that deals with your claim....
Your sincerely
ATOS Healthcare "

Does this mean what I think it means? that I do not need to go for medical?
Please reassure me.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by bro58.

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #106985 by Evelyn
Replied by Evelyn on topic Confused, why a face to face this time ?
Sorry, forgot to say in the last post that this letter from ATOS was received following supporting evidence from therapist and friend which were sent in a week ago.

• bro58
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #106987 by bro58

Evelyn wrote: Dear Mods,
Got my friend to open the letters.
please me what the following mean:
"Important - we have cancelled your appointment.....
Dear ....
We recently asked you to attend a medical assessment at ......on......in relation to your claim.
We have now received more information and we no longer need you to came to this assessment (in BOLD). Please do not (BOLD) come to the medical examination centre as this appointment has been cancelled.
If you want to discuss your claim or if you would like more information about why you no longer need this medical assessment .........please contact the Jobcentre Plus office that deals with your claim....
Your sincerely
ATOS Healthcare "

Does this mean what I think it means? that I do not need to go for medical?
Please reassure me.

Hi E,

Yes, it does mean that they have cancelled the face to face due to the fact that they now have enough evidence to carry out a paper assessment.

ATOS will now compile an ESA85A Medical Report based on The ESA50 and further medical evidence that you have provided.

Your file will now be returned to The DWP DM, who will actually make the decision taking into account all evidence and the recommendations made by ATOS in The ESA85A.

This means that you cannot be found fit for work, and will either be placed into The WRAG or SG of ESA.

To gain any further updates, you should contact The DWP and not ATOS.

Keep that letter from ATOS in a safe place.

Well done, on winning this battle. :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.